Tracyson
How do I add pages that are not modules
  • 2007/7/27 20:52

• Tracyson

• Just popping in

• Since: 2007/7/27

I have a few pages that I would like to put over on the new web sight once it is installed. Is there a way to make a block in the menu that links to pages other than moduels?
This was unclear in the documentation if this is even possible.
please send any replys if you can to

sonkt@iglou.com
Thank you.
Tracy Son.

Peekay
Re: How do I add pages that are not modules
  • 2007/7/27 21:04

• Peekay

• XOOPS is my life!

• Since: 2004/11/20

Hi Tracy. Welcome to xoops.org

The type of page you are talking about is generally referred to as 'static' content. There are several solutions. I would search for the Pagewrap module, which adds any kind of page (PHP or HTML) with it's own main menu link. Or alternatively, try the Content 0.6 module (with custom pagetitles) which enables you to add numerous static pages to your site.

HTH
A thread is for life. Not just for Christmas.

ewonline
  • 2007/7/28 4:56

• ewonline

• Not too shy to talk

• Since: 2004/11/17

And if you want pages with friendly URLs, I recently wrote a tutorial on how to.
http://www.ewonline.net/xoops-friendlyurls.html
Resized Image

markesh
  • 2007/8/3 6:33

• markesh

• Just popping in

• Since: 2007/7/14

Hi,

you might also have a look at DH-Info which is based on the content module, but more flexible. Submenues can be always visible or dynamic, you can put your pages in iframes etc. And, very important: the permissions can be set very detailed.

you can get some more info here

if you've got any questions, please feel free to ask

hth
markesh
First German XOOPS book: XOOPS-Buch.de

nachenko
  • 2007/8/3 9:02

• nachenko

• Quite a regular

• Since: 2005/1/18

ewonline, never seen your tutorial before this, good job.

jkerr
  • 2007/8/7 20:16

• jkerr

• Just popping in

• Since: 2007/8/7 1

So, I've learned a few ways to wrap static content, but what I really want is a way to "protect" static content.

How would I go about preventing my static pages from being viewed from anyone who is not logged into my XOOPS site?

Is that possible, or do I loose all authentication tools once i link to external content?

btw, the content i'm linking to lives in my root XOOPS install directory, so i'm hoping there's a way to "hide" it from unregistered users ...

cheers,

-jeremy

Peekay
  • 2007/8/7 20:47

• Peekay

• XOOPS is my life!

• Since: 2004/11/20

Just edit the anonymous users group and turn off (un-check) 'module access rights' for the content module. Then only logged-in users will see your static content.
A thread is for life. Not just for Christmas.

jkerr
  • 2007/8/8 12:51

• jkerr

• Just popping in

• Since: 2007/8/7 1

Hi Peekay,

I know that I can prevent items from appearing in my menus by using the permissions, but that's not the only thing i'm looking for.

I want to prevent our users from copying the URL and sending it around to people who are not registered on the site.

I'm hoping there's a way to force XOOPS to perform user authentication, even if they are jumping directly to a url in my XOOPS site.

That seems to be the behaviour with content I link to using WF-Channel. If I build a link with WF-channel, and then link to the ?php URL when not being logged in, XOOPS tells me that I don't have access to that page. That is exactly the behaviour I want with my other html content.

My other problem is that WF-Channel seems to be ignoring my java script in my html pages, so that is the reason i'm trying to look for other ways to wrap my html content. I just seem to be loosing my XOOPS authentication in the process.

Make sense?

cheers,

-jeremy

Login

Who's Online

165 user(s) are online (98 user(s) are browsing Support Forums)

Members: 0

Guests: 165

more...

Donat-O-Meter

Stats
Goal: $100.00
Due Date: Apr 30
Gross Amount: $0.00
Net Balance: $0.00
Left to go: $100.00
Make donations with PayPal!

Latest GitHub Commits