Steps
Moving Xoops to a different server
  • 2007/7/25 16:40

• Steps

• Just popping in

• Since: 2007/7/25

I couldn't find an answer to this, I hope you can help.

I'm a newbie. I've built a couple of XOOPS sites and I need to move them to a new server and I'm not having any good luck. I hope someone can point me in the right direction.

1. The old server was PHP4 and the new server is PHP5. Not sure if this makes a difference. Also, later version of MySQL.

2. I've edited the mainfile.php with the right params for the new server.

3. I'm using phpMyAdmin to import the old site database.

4. The database news, topics and sections content get whacked and the data gets cut out.

I'm having to do new installs of XOOPS and modules, and then open the old database in a text editor to try cut and paste to restore the old site on a new server. Basically, building a new XOOPS site to replace the old one. (Very time consuming).

Does anyone have any tips or suggestions -- on what I need to do, or what I might not be doing -- to successfully move one XOOPS site from one server to a different server?

Thanks much for any info!!!

Steps

cybersensei
Re: Moving Xoops to a different server

Steps,

It sounds like your biggest problem is with you MySQL database. However, you can't rule out a difference in PHP.ini settings between the servers.

Try using a different export option of your MySQL database on your original server, if it's still available, such as "SQL Compatibility Mode" and select 'MySQL40.' Ensure you're selecting Add/Drop tables/views. Then reimport your database.

Post back regardless of the outcome so others may learn from your experience.

GL.

ewonline
Re: Moving Xoops to a different server
  • 2007/7/27 19:07

• ewonline

• Not too shy to talk

• Since: 2004/11/17

Do you have SSH access? Its a lot better to export the data via commandline and import via commandline.

dump db:
mysqldump -u USER -B DATABASE -pPASSWORD > mysql.sql

restore db:
mysql -uUSER -pPASSWORD DATABASE < mysql.sql
Resized Image

Login

Who's Online

132 user(s) are online (91 user(s) are browsing Support Forums)

Members: 0

Guests: 132

more...

Donat-O-Meter

Stats
Goal: $100.00
Due Date: Apr 30
Gross Amount: $0.00
Net Balance: $0.00
Left to go: $100.00
Make donations with PayPal!

Latest GitHub Commits