stitch19_
Is there any simple blog? that any user on my page can make
  • 2007/7/18 20:36

• stitch19_

• Just popping in

• Since: 2006/12/4

I was on blogs at XOOPS module and i tried 4 blogs modules from which 1 got error and other 3 had me to do all kind of things to be able to work. Isnt there any module which only requires installation and with which users on my site could have their own blogs?

Thanks in advance

tom
Re: Is there any simple blog? that any user on my page can make
  • 2007/7/18 21:04

• tom

• Friend of XOOPS

• Since: 2002/9/21

DJ did some fantastic work with 'Word Press' I think, well I'm sure it was wp, not used it in a while, but worth checking out.

however a user at the moment cannot have their own blog or website.

have a look at the MU version of WP, this is fantastic a true multi-user system where users can make their own blogs and have domains like:

username.yourdomain.com

or

yourdomain.com/username

You can also have a multiple sites from one DB using a multi-site plugin, it's fantastic.

Have a look at http://mu.wordpress.org/

Note this is not an XOOPS module or system, but it would be cool if XOOPS could do something similar, now that would be amazing.

davidl2
  • 2007/7/18 21:09

• davidl2

• XOOPS is my life!

• Since: 2003/5/26

However.... if you have seen the recent news, LDAP expert Pemen is working on OpenID for XOOPS.

This link will then prove very useful

tom
  • 2007/7/18 21:31

• tom

• Friend of XOOPS

of course if OID is integrated into the XOOPS core and perhaps with it's own OID server for those businesses and corporate users, then this would rock the XOOPS world, and would make me a very happy puppy.

But that wouldn't let the original user and his Question to allow people to create their own blogs or websites though.

Peekay
  • 2007/7/18 21:37

• Peekay

• XOOPS is my life!

• Since: 2004/11/20

Yes, WordPress for XOOPS is indeed exactly that. Worked well for me on 2.0.13.2, but haven't tried it on 2.0.16. Powerful options, but not exactly a 'simple' solution. Also, although you can see a collection of posts from one user, users don't get 'separate' blogs as such.
A thread is for life. Not just for Christmas.

tom
  • 2007/7/18 21:42

• tom

• Friend of XOOPS

Peekay,

If you look at the WPMU although this is not an XOOPS module, this does allow your users to make their own blogs/websites like wordpress.com infact it's pretty much the same system.

WPMU is here:

http://mu.wordpress.org/

and it's very cool like I said youruser.yourdomain.com or yourdomain.com/youruser

stitch19_
  • 2007/7/18 21:53

• stitch19_

• Just popping in

Quote:

tom wrote:
DJ did some fantastic work with 'Word Press' I think, well I'm sure it was wp, not used it in a while, but worth checking out.

however a user at the moment cannot have their own blog or website.

have a look at the MU version of WP, this is fantastic a true multi-user system where users can make their own blogs and have domains like:

username.yourdomain.com

or

yourdomain.com/username

You can also have a multiple sites from one DB using a multi-site plugin, it's fantastic.

Have a look at http://mu.wordpress.org/

Note this is not an XOOPS module or system, but it would be cool if XOOPS could do something similar, now that would be amazing.

thats just great project i have to say. Wish that could be used as a module in xoops. Anyway i wanted to know if wordpress.org can have sime kind of main portal from where users can start or if it could be combined with XOOPS in way?

Peekay
  • 2007/7/18 21:55

• Peekay

• XOOPS is my life!

• Since: 2004/11/20

Yes, I believe phppp was contemplating porting the multi-user version to Xoops. Personally, I think a 'collective' approach to bloggs is appealing, but I guess it depends on what you want to offer users.

I sure wish XOOPS had a default DHTML editor like Wordpress!
A thread is for life. Not just for Christmas.

stitch19_
  • 2007/7/18 22:38

• stitch19_

• Just popping in

Quote:

Peekay wrote:
Yes, I believe phppp was contemplating porting the multi-user version to Xoops. Personally, I think a 'collective' approach to bloggs is appealing, but I guess it depends on what you want to offer users.

I sure wish XOOPS had a default DHTML editor like Wordpress!

i want to offer users something like myspace.com, where u not only have your own blog but u can have galeries, music. Having just a blog isnt enough for me. XOOPS has so much to offer but it cant offer a easy to setup blog for many users on 1 site :(

tom
  • 2007/7/18 22:49

• tom

• Friend of XOOPS

Sorry not trying to over sell another product here, but WPMU will do what you want.

Install a forum, gallery, podcast, youtube type script, friends list like myspace, and your users can also install those plugins on their won blogs created with you.

Perhaps you should look into it a little further, as you can see I have.

I run many websites, and XOOPS has many limitations like this, so I've had to consider other options.

The following website has plugins for WPMU:

http://wpmudev.org/

and premium plugins like friends lists too:

http://premium.wpmudev.org/plugins/

Most of if not all of the normal Wordpress themes and plugins also work with the MU version too. I've not had any problems with normal WP items yet, but of course there is a lot to test so there could be some.

Login

Who's Online

458 user(s) are online (82 user(s) are browsing Support Forums)

Members: 0

Guests: 458

more...

Donat-O-Meter

Stats
Goal: $100.00
Due Date: Aug 31
Gross Amount: $0.00
Net Balance: $0.00
Left to go: $100.00
Make donations with PayPal!

Latest GitHub Commits