IcingDeath
Access Denied
  • 2007/6/14 13:03

• IcingDeath

• Just popping in

• Since: 2007/6/14

I downloaded the XOOPS files and data from the production server to my pc (Windows XP SP2, IIS). I set up MySQL and php 5. Changed mainfile to point to localhost and started hacking away!
First thing i did was to upgrade my installation from 2.0.13.2 to 2.0.16 using the upgrade script provided here at xoops.org.
After that I noticed that I couldnt log on. I traced the problem to the facth that include/checklogon.php uses $HTTP_POST_VARS instead of $_POST so I used a mass text replacer to replace $HTTP_POST_VARS with $_POST on all the files in my installation.
That fixed the problem so I got to get into the administration section of the site.

Here comes the problem that has me stumped...

I am using the XOOPS News module and although when I visit it from the user's point of view, all my old news (from the production server) appear fine, in the test server when I visit the post/edit news in the admin section I get the list of topics and bellow it (where the form for posting new news is supposed to be) I get "Access Denied".

I have tried turning debug mode on but I cant see anything obvious being wrong!
Other modules (such as downloads) display the forms correctly...

Any help will be greatly appreciated!

----------------
EDIT

I forgot to mention that I set security on all files of the site to Everyone:Full Control

Here's the thing I get instead of the form:

Post New Article
Access Denied

IcingDeath
Re: Access Denied
  • 2007/6/14 13:27

• IcingDeath

• Just popping in

• Since: 2007/6/14

Downloaded update news module from module repository, renamed old modules/news to news.old and copied new news folder to modules. Upgraded as requested and now it works fine!!!

Login

Who's Online

913 user(s) are online (84 user(s) are browsing Support Forums)

Members: 0

Guests: 913

more...

Donat-O-Meter

Stats
Goal: $100.00
Due Date: Jul 31
Gross Amount: $0.00
Net Balance: $0.00
Left to go: $100.00
Make donations with PayPal!

Latest GitHub Commits