mboyden
[XoopsTeam] mboyden Module Development / Documentation / Core-Development - Member
  • 2007/6/8 14:02

• mboyden

• Since: 2005/3/9 1

I'm willing to work on any of the following teams as a member (and possibly as a leader if no one else more capable steps up):

- Module Development
- Documentation
- Core Development
- Design (only from an integration standpoint, not as a designer)

My background is in programming, and I've been doing it for 30+ years. I'm now a free-lance programmer and strategic consultant for small- and mid-sized businesses. I have programmed in C, C++, Java, Perl, PHP, HTML, CSS, Javascript, XSLT and more over the years with my current foci in web technologies using XOOPS.

I'm a big proponent of XOOPS. I've tried Drupal and I have one client that uses Joomla, and while they do look fresh out of the box, under the hood, I find them more problematic, and certainly much harder on servers (requiring more memory, more SQL calls, and more CPU).

I am committed to XOOPS' success, have been contributing information off and on throughout the two years I've been here. I've made some custom modules for customers (that they don't want released publicly), and I have updated some other modules. I'm certainly ready to give back more (and will continue to do so, whether or not I'm on a team or not).

I'd be best in the development and documentation side of things. As I figure things out, I document it for myself anyways. As it makes sense, I've contributed to the devwiki and I provide other writeups and such here in the forums.

In terms of assistance on the design teams, I'm very good at converting designers' designs to W3C/HTML/XHTML compliant themes that are variable-width and Section 508 compliant (persons of disability).

I also run a hosting service and am currently building a generic solution for clients based upon XOOPS.

Let me know how I can be of assistance because XOOPS is the best!
Pessimists see difficulty in opportunity; Optimists see opportunity in difficulty. --W Churchill

XOOPS: Latest | Debug | Hosting and Web Development

davidl2
Re: [XoopsTeam] mboyden Module Development / Documentation / Core-Development - Member
  • 2007/6/8 16:22

• davidl2

• XOOPS is my life!

• Since: 2003/5/26

Thanks for stepping up! I'm sure any of the teams would be interested in your assistance!

JMorris
Re: [XoopsTeam] mboyden Module Development / Documentation / Core-Development - Member
  • 2007/6/8 16:28

• JMorris

• XOOPS is my life!

• Since: 2004/4/11

Thank you for stepping up! It's great to see some fresh blood raising their hands!
Insanity can be defined as "doing the same thing over and over and expecting different results."

Stupidity is not a crime. Therefore, you are free to go.

instantzero

Someone with so much experience is certainly a valuable member, I give you my sincere voice.

Quote:

Winston Churchill :
Il y quelque chose de pire dans la vie que de ne pas avoir réussi, c'est de ne pas avoir essayé

Anonymous
  • 2007/6/9 6:50

• Anonymous

• Since:

+1

carpino
  • 2007/6/9 20:10

• carpino

• Just popping in

• Since: 2006/6/20

i have a good feeling about your experience.... new people can also bring new ideas and solutions.
+1

vaughan
  • 2007/6/9 20:32

• vaughan

• Friend of XOOPS

• Since: 2005/11/26

certainly impressive :)

on that alone, I would think you would be ideally suited to a primary role as core dev (and secondary as documentation).

module development, well that's spread out with various module devs, so there is no specific team for module development. hence there's smartfactory, instant-zero, I think even Jegelstaff has is own mod dev site too, and there's many others, i'm sure you'd be welcome in any of those dev teams should you wish to join, but they are seperate from XOOPS itself..

you could always aswell be helpful in regard to the Q/A (Quality Assurance) Team if that team is still on the cards for continuation.

Login

Who's Online

183 user(s) are online (117 user(s) are browsing Support Forums)

Members: 0

Guests: 183

more...

Donat-O-Meter

Stats
Goal: $100.00
Due Date: Mar 31
Gross Amount: $0.00
Net Balance: $0.00
Left to go: $100.00
Make donations with PayPal!

Latest GitHub Commits