filthish
How Do I Use Xoops As A Public Site?
  • 2007/6/1 8:50

• filthish

• Just popping in

• Since: 2007/6/1 8

Hey,
I just wanna use XOOPS as a normal public site, with just myself and my friend as users. But I cant seem to see an option for that.

I'm a web designer and I have alot on my plate, I just wanna setup XOOPS for my friend and let him easily author his own content for the whole world to see. I'm totally not interested in having members or users. So how do I just off the privacy or make content available to all or whatever you wanna call it?

Thanks!

Leyton Jay

Anonymous
Re: How Do I Use Xoops As A Public Site?
  • 2007/6/1 9:01

• Anonymous

• Since:

Quote:
filthish wrote:

I just wanna use XOOPS as a normal public site, with just myself and my friend as users. But I cant seem to see an option for that.

All you need to do is disable new user registations in Admin>User Info Settings.

Manually create accounts for you and your friend and give yourselves administrator priviliges.

I think, too, that you can hide the login block so long as you know the the URL to the login page.

Quote:
filthish wrote:

I'm a web designer and I have alot on my plate, I just wanna setup XOOPS for my friend and let him easily author his own content for the whole world to see. I'm totally not interested in having members or users. So how do I just off the privacy or make content available to all or whatever you wanna call it?

All you need to do is go to Admin>Groups and let anonymous users see everything. Do the same in each module, too. What you want is easily achieved.

Login

Who's Online

211 user(s) are online (60 user(s) are browsing Support Forums)

Members: 0

Guests: 211

more...

Donat-O-Meter

Stats
Goal: $100.00
Due Date: Oct 31
Gross Amount: $0.00
Net Balance: $0.00
Left to go: $100.00
Make donations with PayPal!

Latest GitHub Commits