bgreennn
Theme Design Question [Solved]
  • 2007/5/25 15:21

• bgreennn

• Just popping in

• Since: 2007/5/25

I am really new to XOOPS and maybe I'm taking the wrong approach altogether, but I've been working on a site and trying to implement a design I made in photoshop. I've pretty much got the header, blocks and footer working. Maybe I'm using the wrong module for the job, but the site I'm doing has some pretty simple requirements. I installed news module thinking it might do the job. But within the actual content window, I want to be able to control the look and feel of it using my own graphics.

From what I interpret:

<div id="content">
<{$xoops_contents}>
</div>

Is where I can encapsulate the information with my graphics table, however, news module itself creates tables within this space that I don't know how to control to make the appearance of my site more uniform.

What I want is really simple. I want to display recent events pertaining to an online video game to all users who visit my site that have a headline, summary, and maybe an image file or 2, which are screenshots from in the game. I don't need multiple categories or anything special. News module seems to be much more complex than the actual requirements I need, so maybe if there's an easier customizeable module I could work with that could do the trick I could use that instead. Any help would be appreciated. Thank you

smart2
Re: Theme Design Question
  • 2007/5/25 15:53

• smart2

• Not too shy to talk

• Since: 2007/1/19

<{$xoops_contents}> puts the content of the module which presentation is defined in the templates of this module.
You have to modify the templates in order to make the content show with your design.
The easier way is to use template overload feature.
https://xoops.org/modules/news/article.php?storyid=3367

bgreennn
Re: Theme Design Question
  • 2007/5/25 16:27

• bgreennn

• Just popping in

• Since: 2007/5/25

Thank you so much. You gave me enough information to solve the puzzle.

Login

Who's Online

140 user(s) are online (81 user(s) are browsing Support Forums)

Members: 0

Guests: 140

more...

Donat-O-Meter

Stats
Goal: $100.00
Due Date: May 31
Gross Amount: $0.00
Net Balance: $0.00
Left to go: $100.00
Make donations with PayPal!

Latest GitHub Commits