AADMavRic
Xoops Module and PHP 5
  • 2007/5/24 9:51

• AADMavRic

• Just popping in

• Since: 2006/1/30

Hello, I'm using a module called XRoster 2.0. My problem is it will work fine on PHP 4, but not on PHP 5. Anyone know how to get it to work on PHP 5? When I click on the submit button I get this error. "SQL Error in index.php :: submit_application()" This only happends with PHP 5.

rlankford
Re: Xoops Module and PHP 5
  • 2007/5/24 19:51

• rlankford

• Not too shy to talk

• Since: 2004/8/27

You're in for quite a little journey.

There is now real way to 'make it work'. You'll have to resign yourself to pouring over the code, line by line, and finding out whats wrong. This probably won't be easy (I say this since, if it was easy for you, you'd probably already have fixed it!), but it is possible.

One thing I've found when fixing a couple of older modules is that $this isn't mutable in php file. You'll find areas of code where $this->whatever = new value. In those cases, instead of refering to $this, you just need to declare a variable, instantiate it to an instance of whatever class you're dealing with, and try changing that instead.

I've had decent luck in that the modules I've fooled with just had a few lines like this that needed to be taken care of.

Good luck!

Login

Who's Online

155 user(s) are online (83 user(s) are browsing Support Forums)

Members: 0

Guests: 155

more...

Donat-O-Meter

Stats
Goal: $100.00
Due Date: May 31
Gross Amount: $0.00
Net Balance: $0.00
Left to go: $100.00
Make donations with PayPal!

Latest GitHub Commits