johno123
xoops mods working on exoops?
  • 2007/5/16 18:41

• johno123

• Just popping in

• Since: 2006/11/7

hi all,

i was wondering

there are so many great modules from all you great coders..

but...i have a exoops site and some XOOPS modules work and some dont...there is no warning between any modules...just some work and some dont...

was wondering is there somethign i can edit to make the XOOPS modules to work on exoops?

hope that made sense,

thanks for any help

tom
Re: xoops mods working on exoops?
  • 2007/5/17 1:55

• tom

• Friend of XOOPS

• Since: 2002/9/21

Ah E-xoops, gee I wonder is Halfdead (Can't remember his avatar but think it was a body of sorts) still doing that and is farsus (Some teddy bear avatar, I think) and Neon (Duke nukem avatar, I think) still there too?

And isn't it now RunCMS?

Anyway E-Xoops/RunCMS was a fork of xoops, and I believe it came from the 1.3 series (Xoops is now 2.0.16).

Since then we've had a lot of code changes, including smarty (does E-xoops use smarty, I didn't think they did), and this is one of the main reasons why recent modules won't work.

I'm sure if your half confident with code you make the necessary changes to make the modules work, not sure how much time you'd have to spend doing that though.

As the XOOPS architecture changes so will that of our modules, and I would presume this would further the distance between those that work and those that don't, and of course the module developers of XOOPS more than likely won't support their versions on E-xoops/RunCMS.

Have you tried asking for the same support from E-xoops/RunCMS, they may wish to assist further to add more module options for their CMS?

Sorry I couldn't be much help.
Kind Regards.
Tom

http://bassmanthemes.com
http://www.xoopslance.com

Login

Who's Online

276 user(s) are online (165 user(s) are browsing Support Forums)

Members: 0

Guests: 276

more...

Donat-O-Meter

Stats
Goal: $100.00
Due Date: May 31
Gross Amount: $0.00
Net Balance: $0.00
Left to go: $100.00
Make donations with PayPal!

Latest GitHub Commits