mirela
Use xoops content on external site
  • 2007/5/12 8:03

• mirela

• Just popping in

• Since: 2007/5/12

Hi,

First of all, I am not a programmer, so I am looking for something that does not involve much coding.

I like the content generated by xoops, but already have a website created before, that I don't want to port to xoom, due to big design diferrences. I have implemented the smartpartners and adresses modules, and I would like to continue to administer the data by xoops, but would like to display it OUTSIDE the XOOPS site.

How could I create a simple php page that takes the content from XOOPS and displays it in a different page? Is there a way to do it?

Thanks!
M

nachenko
Re: Use xoops content on external site
  • 2007/5/12 10:02

• nachenko

• Quite a regular

• Since: 2005/1/18

Perhaps you could do some kind of Server Side Include. YOur server must be apache for that, i think.

That's it: you prepare a "totally naked theme" for xoops. That's it's, no CSS, an empty HTML file as main template, just the content.

Then you include it in your main website. You put something likke this in your HTML:

Quote:

I don't know wether it will work with PHP files, but you should give a try.

davidl2
  • 2007/5/12 11:49

• davidl2

• XOOPS is my life!

• Since: 2003/5/26

Bother I just typed a good answer to this and it was lost...

Ok - here's the quick version instead

1 - Use a simple XOOPS theme (very stripped down) to be "included" using the method above - that way you could simple have a block position on the page....

2 - Use a content module like SmartSection, and add your content html to a XOOPS site using this.... that way you keep the original content, but have the option for full XOOPS usage as well

mirela
  • 2007/5/12 14:22

• mirela

• Just popping in

• Since: 2007/5/12

Thanks for the answer. Actually, what I need is the other way around. In my non-xoops site, I want to show the smartpartner block content, with full functionality (for anonymous users, so no login needed). For easier access, the xooops is hosted on the same server, only in different folders.

Thank you for your help,
Mirela

Login

Who's Online

198 user(s) are online (112 user(s) are browsing Support Forums)

Members: 0

Guests: 198

more...

Donat-O-Meter

Stats
Goal: $100.00
Due Date: Jun 30
Gross Amount: $0.00
Net Balance: $0.00
Left to go: $100.00
Make donations with PayPal!

Latest GitHub Commits