SciFiGuy
Multisite/multidomain
  • 2007/5/7 18:54

• SciFiGuy

• Just popping in

• Since: 2007/4/10

Hi. Does XOOPS support multi-site/multi-domain creation of XOOPS site? I've read several old postings from 2003 where someone claimed to be making a module but no other updates occurred.

If this can be done, can some explain to me how? I'd like to have one site and several satellite sites hanging off from it. Some of the sites have unique domain names others would bob.mainname.com or sally.mainname.com.

Best Regards,

JMorris
Re: Multisite/multidomain
  • 2007/5/8 2:26

• JMorris

• XOOPS is my life!

• Since: 2004/4/11

With MySQL 5 you can share tables across databases. Also, it is very easy to setup shared core files on Linux systems using the cp -Rvl command. This is one of the simplest ways to have a multi-site/multi-domain setup.

If you have LDAP/Active Directory for user authentication, basic mutli-sites are built into the core. Things like post tracking are not shared, but authentication is.

Now, if you're talking "on the fly" creation of multi-site/multi-domain XOOPS sites, where you just upload a module and go, there is no current solution.

Many of us would LOVE to see such a thing.
Insanity can be defined as "doing the same thing over and over and expecting different results."

Stupidity is not a crime. Therefore, you are free to go.

Login

Who's Online

150 user(s) are online (94 user(s) are browsing Support Forums)

Members: 0

Guests: 150

more...

Donat-O-Meter

Stats
Goal: $100.00
Due Date: May 31
Gross Amount: $0.00
Net Balance: $0.00
Left to go: $100.00
Make donations with PayPal!

Latest GitHub Commits