martyboy
Possible exploit in wfquotes
  • 2007/5/6 22:14

• martyboy

• Quite a regular

• Since: 2004/5/25

Hello,

for about the past hour my site has been under attack with people attempting to do issolated comment attacks, and i mean it was rapid fire I was actually just refresshing the protector log page and more logs where showing everytime i refreshed almost, all with ISOCOM in them. I was just copying and pasting IPS into the ip ban list and pasting them into htaccess to ban them too.

Im not sure if these where real humans or some automated attack, I checked a few of the IPS and they where from all over the place, turkey, iran, morocca, netherlands, even a googlebot IP?

In the protector log there where a couple of references to wfquotes and on checking my apache logs there has been a few referes from google all with the search term 'allinur: modules/wfquotes' which means someone is specifically looking for this module, the exact same thing happened the last time with wfsections.

Hopefully catzwolf will patch wfquotes like he did wfsection not long ago. If you have wfquotes installed might be an idea to uninstall it for the meantime.

Oh, and thank god(or thank GI Joe) for protector it saved my ass..again, that module is a godsend.
Michael Jackson = King Of Pop

Xoops = King Of CMS

Catzwolf
Re: Possible exploit in wfquotes
  • 2007/5/7 0:08

• Catzwolf

• Home away from home

• Since: 2007/9/30

Can you send me this module please and I will fix it for you. Sorry been really busy this last week with other projects and birthdays lol

Login

Who's Online

140 user(s) are online (93 user(s) are browsing Support Forums)

Members: 0

Guests: 140

more...

Donat-O-Meter

Stats
Goal: $100.00
Due Date: Mar 31
Gross Amount: $0.00
Net Balance: $0.00
Left to go: $100.00
Make donations with PayPal!

Latest GitHub Commits