FeraTechInc
Wiki based module descriptions.

While I understand and support better descriptions for the modules. I do not understand why a Wiki based system for module description is not used.

For example:
Users would be able to submit an updated description of a module themselves directly from the module repository. While there might be more than one description users which are flagged as having downloaded the module can vote on which description most accurately describes it.

This would be a much simpler system and would drastically cut down on administrator work load. However, admins can have authority to approve/deny submitted descriptions.

nachenko
Re: Wiki based module descriptions.
  • 2007/4/23 17:45

• nachenko

• Quite a regular

• Since: 2005/1/18

Ou yeah, module descriptions should be Wiki.

AndyM
  • 2007/4/23 18:16

• AndyM

• Quite a regular

• Since: 2003/8/31

Quote:

FeraTechInc wrote:
However, admins can have authority to approve/deny submitted descriptions.

That is a must as it would be open to abuse where anyone could link to a version with a virus or some other "malware".

Bender
  • 2007/4/23 18:19

• Bender

• Home away from home

• Since: 2003/3/10

Because we have a wiki based system which is not available right now. Basicly the perfect wiki for this is on the XOOPS docs site which is due to host issues currently stripped down.

Getting it back to fully work would now take time because it was a customized version by rowd thats currently not available due to work on the XOOPS core. (and i know i get stoned by lots of people if i even consider her doing that now )

And creating just another website ... hmmm not so sure.

Basicly this forum is not planned to remain. Its main purpose is to get some content together quick. Later this content should be transferred to the docs site anyway and this forum will be removed.
Sorry, this signature is experiencing technical difficulties. We will return you to the sheduled signature as soon as possible ...

Bender
  • 2007/4/23 19:00

• Bender

• Home away from home

• Since: 2003/3/10

update:

investigating on the possibility to have this done quickly ... stay tuned.
Sorry, this signature is experiencing technical difficulties. We will return you to the sheduled signature as soon as possible ...

FeraTechInc

Couldn't you simply use a wiki module and have then users e-mail the download. Then the administrator could add the link to the wiki once it is approved.

Then you could develop or add to the wiki module to make uploads automatic pending approval through the wiki itself.

FeraTechInc

Any updates?

davidl2
  • 2007/5/17 22:13

• davidl2

• XOOPS is my life!

• Since: 2003/5/26

Please see this post

FeraTechInc

Thank you for the update. I'm glad to see these changes made and hopefully it helps with the repository management.

I appreciate your work and hopefully your personal problems have been resolved.

Login

Who's Online

261 user(s) are online (166 user(s) are browsing Support Forums)

Members: 0

Guests: 261

more...

Donat-O-Meter

Stats
Goal: $100.00
Due Date: Apr 30
Gross Amount: $0.00
Net Balance: $0.00
Left to go: $100.00
Make donations with PayPal!

Latest GitHub Commits