BlackReef
Need to give my Client access to her Web Page, please helpe a newb!
  • 2007/4/20 6:05

• BlackReef

• Just popping in

• Since: 2007/4/20

I just built www.RimNordic.com for a female client, and what like to give her basic text-editing access to her page, as she will need to update it daily.

The client does not know much about computers, so I want to make it is as easy as possible for her to edit her page. I would like to somehow set up like an admin.rimnordic.com if possible, where she could simply go the URL and log in and have access to edit her web page. She also needs to be able to edit web pages from multiple PCs, in different locations, so downloading a program or installing a program is out of the question. How could I set this up for her using Xoops? I know nothing about this program, or similar programs. This needs to be as simple as possible for her, even if it means re-writing her web page. The only thing she needs to update on her page are News and other misc. text updates....

For Reference, her web page is in a directory under my main hosting account.
Please help!

Thanks
Joe

tmreg
Re: Need to give my Client access to her Web Page, please helpe a newb!
  • 2007/4/20 6:14

• tmreg

• Not too shy to talk

• Since: 2006/7/20

If your site were a XOOPS site, it would be easy. You would set up an "admin" user group with the appropriate permission levels. she would log in and go to the admin area of the site and would only see the news, static page, or whatever module she wants to edit. All she would need is the info she wants to add and an internet connection.

If you are looking for answers on your site as is, I can't help you.
-Matt

Login

Who's Online

155 user(s) are online (99 user(s) are browsing Support Forums)

Members: 0

Guests: 155

more...

Donat-O-Meter

Stats
Goal: $100.00
Due Date: Apr 30
Gross Amount: $0.00
Net Balance: $0.00
Left to go: $100.00
Make donations with PayPal!

Latest GitHub Commits