jeffshepherd
modules on the home page

Hi everyone,

I've recently downloaded and installed XOOPS on my website along with the newbb and news modules. I know there is a setting that allows one of the modules to be shown on the home page of a website but I have seen a website designed with XOOPS that has 2 modules on the home page. How can I do this on my website?

Thanks,
Jeff

rlankford
Re: modules on the home page
  • 2007/4/15 23:10

• rlankford

• Not too shy to talk

• Since: 2004/8/27

This doesn't really answer your question directly, but you could always show block data along with your default module to achieve something close to the same effect. For example, you could enable the Recent News Topics block and place it top/center while making your forum the default module.

Your users would then see recent news articles at the top of the page and the forum just below that. If no blocks exist that provide the exact look you want, you can always create a custom news block that shows exactly what you want it to.

This is all pretty basic XOOPS stuff -- sorry if I'm insulting your intelligence.

jeffshepherd
Re: modules on the home page

Hi rlankford,

Thanks for the info. I'm a complete newbie to XOOPS so asking basic questions is something i'll probably be doing quite a bit of.

Login

Who's Online

421 user(s) are online (87 user(s) are browsing Support Forums)

Members: 0

Guests: 421

more...

Donat-O-Meter

Stats
Goal: $100.00
Due Date: Aug 31
Gross Amount: $0.00
Net Balance: $0.00
Left to go: $100.00
Make donations with PayPal!

Latest GitHub Commits