carpeweb
XOOPS Editors Problems
  • 2007/4/12 23:01

• carpeweb

• Just popping in

• Since: 2002/9/12

I installed xoopseditors, but XOOPS Info indicates multiple problems under Editors Info:

Compact and DHTML have green dots, indicating everything is ok with them.

The following had red dots, indicating that XOOPS can't find a file:

FCKEditor
HtmlAreaEditor
InBetween
Koivi Editor
Spaw
Tiny Editor

For FCKeditor, I noticed that the expected path was /class/fckeditor/, and not /class/xoopseditor/fckeditor, so I moved the folder (fckeditor), and now I get a Yellow Dot, indicating that the module is not installed but the file is found.

For Koivi Editor, I noticed a similar problem, the path expected was /class/xoopseditor/wysiwyg/ and not /class/xoopseditor/koivi, so I renamed it, and now I get a yellow dot.

I can't be as certain about Tiny Editor; there's a /tinymce folder in the xoopseditor package, but the file name doesn't quite match, so just renaming that folder seemed like a useless idea.

However, it seems clear that I have general problems with my editors, and I want to solve these before I install any content modules, because I had problems with my first installation and scrapped it.

I'm trying another host, too. Neither my first host nor this one will change register_globals or allow_url_fopen to the settings recommended, so XOOPS Info is showing red dots there, too.

Any ideas? Are register_globals and allow_url_fopen deal-breakers for getting the editors properly installed? (It seems to me that the folder names, etc., indicate other problems that I'd like to resolve first.)

Thanks,
Jim

Login

Who's Online

140 user(s) are online (94 user(s) are browsing Support Forums)

Members: 0

Guests: 140

more...

Donat-O-Meter

Stats
Goal: $100.00
Due Date: May 31
Gross Amount: $0.00
Net Balance: $0.00
Left to go: $100.00
Make donations with PayPal!

Latest GitHub Commits