C6_chus
Wrong permissions - Lost pass registration mail.
  • 2007/4/10 15:34

• C6_chus

• Just popping in

• Since: 2006/9/12

I’ve have somehow wired permissions configuration on my website and now I need to know how is the standard setup.

When some of my users request a new password (url/user.php#lost) and receices a confirmation mail (url /lostpass.php?email=mailname@mail.com&code=xxxxxx) or if the user is new and receives a user validation mail (url/modules/profile/activate.php?op=actv&id=xxx&actkey=xxxxxx) he needs to authenticate.

I don’t know what or when I changed the settings, but I’m pretty sure it got something to do with the access permissions to that module. But I’m not sure, if it’s the system module or the extended profiles module, and additionally I do not know where to change the settings.

So I better ask you.

Thanks in advance, hope someone can give me a hand on this.

showcase17
Re: Wrong permissions - Lost pass registration mail.
  • 2007/4/10 15:48

• showcase17

• Not too shy to talk

• Since: 2005/1/6 0

Have a look at the adminpages:
> system admin > preferences > User Info Settings > Select activation type of newly registered users > make your choise here.
- To Explore and Discover -

C6_chus
Re: Wrong permissions - Lost pass registration mail.
  • 2007/4/11 9:09

• C6_chus

• Just popping in

• Since: 2006/9/12

First of all Thanks a lot.
I did that and the option selected is right, or well the one I want. "Requieres user activation (recomended).

My problem is when the users clicks on the link in the activation mail an login prompt pops up and he has to login. But he has not activated his account yet.

Another problem is when a user wants to reset hes password cause he forgot it. When he clicks on tha confimation link in the confirmation mail, he recieves a login prompt to complete the process. Well he cant login cause he doesnt know his password.

Login

Who's Online

160 user(s) are online (83 user(s) are browsing Support Forums)

Members: 0

Guests: 160

more...

Donat-O-Meter

Stats
Goal: $100.00
Due Date: May 31
Gross Amount: $0.00
Net Balance: $0.00
Left to go: $100.00
Make donations with PayPal!

Latest GitHub Commits