Catzwolf
WF-Section Modules
  • 2007/4/5 9:29

• Catzwolf

• Home away from home

• Since: 2007/9/30

In light of some some issues with newer versions of XOOPS and some security issues, I have decided to update all of the modules I used to work on for those that still use them.

The will just be bug fix issues and I wont be adding any more features. I just wish I could do more to them as i know the coding could have been much better, but i guess we all have to learn at some point.

The following modules I will release is:

WF-sections 1.00: This will be to fix a few seurity issues
WF-Sections 2.07: Again a few security issues and some other problems.
WF-Channel 1.07: Security Issues and bug fixes.
WF-Snippets: Security Issues and bug fixes.

If you wish me to fix issues with these following modules:
WF-Links: and WF-Downloads, let me know else go use the modules on Smart Factory, Sorry I would love to bring these modules up to a standard that they deserve, but maybe i will one day.

If I have missed a module please let me know. If there is a serious issue that you *Must* have fixed, then do the same. But do not ask me for new features etc etc.

This is a BUG fix Rally only and NOTHING ELSE!!

I will let you know when I have fixed these issues and made them available for download.

Thanks

Catz

davidl2
Re: WF-Section Modules
  • 2007/4/5 10:53

• davidl2

• XOOPS is my life!

• Since: 2003/5/26

Also I believe Phppp's Article module comes with an upgrade script for WF-Section 2.

Thanks for this John - very appreciated.

McDonald
  • 2007/4/5 11:54

• McDonald

• Home away from home

• Since: 2005/8/15

Quote:
If you wish me to fix issues with these following modules:
WF-Links: and WF-Downloads, let me know else go use the modules on Smart Factory, Sorry I would love to bring these modules up to a standard that they deserve, but maybe i will one day.

A fixed version of WF-Links 1.03 is available for download here.
The module has been updated because of a security hole (fixed by m0nty) yesterday.

McDonald

Catzwolf
Re: All WF-Section Modules Security Updates & Bug Fixes
  • 2007/4/5 15:17

• Catzwolf

• Home away from home

I know, but I am aiming these bug and security fixes to those who don't wish to move to another module.

Thanks thou :)

Catz

Catzwolf
  • 2007/4/5 15:19

• Catzwolf

• Home away from home

Thanks for the info :)

Catzwolf
  • 2007/4/5 19:12

• Catzwolf

• Home away from home

Ok, is anyone really wanting these updates to these modules or will I be wasting my time? I don't want to spend time working on code that nobody wants.

ATB

Catz

vaughan
  • 2007/4/5 19:25

• vaughan

• Friend of XOOPS

• Since: 2005/11/26

i know of people using wf-sections 2.x & wf-channel John, they may not have seen this post or come on xoops.org that often, so i'm sure they will be used if you do the fixes.

as for wf-snippets & wf-sections 1.x i can't comment.. i haven't seen any questions or queries regarding those 2 modules in a long time, but that's not to say they aren't being used or whether people may download them and start to use them..

Lloyd
  • 2007/4/5 21:47

• Lloyd

• Just popping in

• Since: 2006/7/4 1

Hi John, this would be great to see WF-Sections 2.07 working again, expecially if it will work with PHP5.

this is good news to hear, thank you....

Peekay
  • 2007/4/5 21:49

• Peekay

• XOOPS is my life!

• Since: 2004/11/20

I use WF-Section 2.07b3 and everything important works as far as I can tell. I am not aware of any security issues with it, but it would be great if someone can keep it up to date as it is a truly great article module.

I would be particularly interested if patches were available to address security issues in addition to an upgraded full module release.

There's a fix for the 'related news' feature here if you want to throw it into the pile!
A thread is for life. Not just for Christmas.

Catzwolf
  • 2007/4/5 22:38

• Catzwolf

• Home away from home

WF-Sections will work again with PHP5 and XOOPS 2.16. WF-Channel I have more or less recoded from scratch and will require a database update, I should have something for you guys to play with tomorrow (if all goes well :) )

There was reports of MySQL injections in some of these modules and a few other problems that do require fixing. As I said I will get fixes out asap for you guys.

Login

Who's Online

238 user(s) are online (160 user(s) are browsing Support Forums)

Members: 0

Guests: 238

more...

Donat-O-Meter

Stats
Goal: $100.00
Due Date: Apr 30
Gross Amount: $0.00
Net Balance: $0.00
Left to go: $100.00
Make donations with PayPal!

Latest GitHub Commits