zipzo
Xoops cannot log into MySQL plz help!
  • 2007/3/28 1:02

• zipzo

• Just popping in

• Since: 2007/3/24

i have easily gone through the steps to setup XOOPS on a local XAMMP environment. Now comes the hard part for me.

No matter what i do, i cant get past the part of install where XOOPS tries to connect to the MySQL server. I have created a database, created users, i know the passwords. Nothing works.

The only thing i see is that the user i create has no priveleges by default. Im Using phpMYadmin, and when i go to set priveleges, i cannot. i get an error and it wont allow it. Up above i get some red text saying this:

Warning: Your privilege table structure seem to be older than this MySQL version!
Please run the script mysql_fix_privilege_tables that should be included in your MySQL server distribution to solve this problem!

can somebody please help me? im lost and i really need to get this site up.

JMorris
Re: Xoops cannot log into MySQL plz help!
  • 2007/3/28 1:30

• JMorris

• XOOPS is my life!

• Since: 2004/4/11

If you have a dedicated server or a Virtual Private Server, you will need to do some Googling to determine what you need to do as this is clearly a MySQL issue. If you are on a managed hosting environment, you need to report this issue to your hosting provider immediately. There is something wrong with the configuration of MySQL and it needs fixed ASAP.

HTH.

James
Insanity can be defined as "doing the same thing over and over and expecting different results."

Stupidity is not a crime. Therefore, you are free to go.

zipzo
Re: Xoops cannot log into MySQL plz help!
  • 2007/3/28 2:14

• zipzo

• Just popping in

• Since: 2007/3/24

im using a hosted environment, YAHOO. to be very honest im unhappy with them right away, whe i call them they simply tell me they do not support php or MySQL in any way.

Can someone lead me to a hosting service that can transfer my domain, and get me started with a basic XOOPS install?

Login

Who's Online

264 user(s) are online (46 user(s) are browsing Support Forums)

Members: 0

Guests: 264

more...

Donat-O-Meter

Stats
Goal: $100.00
Due Date: Sep 30
Gross Amount: $0.00
Net Balance: $0.00
Left to go: $100.00
Make donations with PayPal!

Latest GitHub Commits