eastcoast
HTML included in 'downloads +' item description - is it possible?
  • 2007/3/27 23:33

• eastcoast

• Just popping in

• Since: 2007/3/21

First of all, what an awesome resource XOOPS really is. Thank you for being here and for doin' what you do.

I'm using 'Downloads +' v1.1. I understand that only certain tags are allowed ([url], [code], [img], etc...), but is there a way to open up the possibility of adding straight code in the download description area... in the same manner as with a block?

What I'm trying to accomplish is to add a 'buy now' button to each dl that is generated by my google checkout account. Since the coding for the buttons are nowhere near simplistic and stated un-editable by google, the full code must be inserted or no code at all.

If anyone has any thoughts or solutions, please let me know. My alternative solution requires my customers to use a totally different service to sell their products... which is not so user friendly as google checkout.

Thanks, everyone.

BJS3D

Bassman
Re: HTML included in 'downloads +' item description - is it possible?
  • 2007/3/27 23:47

• Bassman

• Friend of XOOPS

• Since: 2003/5/23

If you clone the templates and set the cloned template as default, you can edit the appropriate template and insert the Google code where it's needed. Only problem is, you'll get the same button on every one then :(

eastcoast
  • 2007/3/27 23:58

• eastcoast

• Just popping in

Thanks, BassMan. I'll have to remember that when I want to include something like a donations button, banners or universal end-user licensing info.

Actually, if this isn't possible with Downloads +, is there a specific module available to accomplish a downloads section filled with items that have their own designated 'buy now' button code?

Thank you.

skenow
  • 2007/3/28 0:00

• skenow

• Home away from home

• Since: 2004/11/17

You might take a look at the Formulize WF-downloads patch - with it, you can create custom forms for each download category. If this would allow you to add an additional field for each of these downloads, it could be the code field you need.

Ask in the forum for the project - Julian's great with stuff like this.

Or, take a look at xAsset.

eastcoast
  • 2007/3/28 0:24

• eastcoast

• Just popping in

Thank you, skenow. I had a look at xasset and I think that it might be exactly what I'm looking for and it has another feature included that I'm currently using another module for. Most excellent advice.

I'll let you guys go for now. I appreciate your quick responses and information, BassMan and skenow. Have a great night.

eastcoast
  • 2007/3/30 14:36

• eastcoast

• Just popping in

Just to update and for the purpose of reference, I'm posting the solution to adding 'buy now' button capabilities to the downloads + items:

As straight html wouldn't work, I discovered how to go from this:

Buy Now

... to this:

Resized Image

The code:

([)url=https://xoops.org/(])([)img(])http://www.eastcoast-cgi.com/images/buy_now_small.jpg([)/img(])([)/url(])

Remove the "()" and that's the code.

I can, now, use the same image as a 'buy now' button but include separate URLs for each new download.

Thanks everyone for your help. It looks like it had to be one of those issues where we have to make it more complicated than it really is.

BlueStocking

I use that code all the time for using thumbnails for a link to the larger image; looked into what you were asking about but didn't have a clue this was the answer.

Glad you found it...

BlueStocking
hardhunting.com
https://xoops.org/modules/repository .. It is time to get involved - XOOPS.ORG

eastcoast
  • 2007/4/1 6:51

• eastcoast

• Just popping in

Thanks for hunting, though. I just started playing around with the tags and discovered that it's possible to place tags inside of tags. Very cool.

Login

Who's Online

216 user(s) are online (126 user(s) are browsing Support Forums)

Members: 0

Guests: 216

more...

Donat-O-Meter

Stats
Goal: $100.00
Due Date: May 31
Gross Amount: $0.00
Net Balance: $0.00
Left to go: $100.00
Make donations with PayPal!

Latest GitHub Commits