cybergirl111
mysql server wont start

I had prev. made a posting about my phpmyadmin not starting and was able to figure out that it would not run due to the fact that my MySQL server wouldnt start.

After 24 hours of searching through MySQL forums, I am stuck. I have tried every suggestion that I was able to understand.

Is there anyone that could help with suggestions as to how to turn on my MySQL server, and put them in layman's terms? If someone could help me out with that I would be very appriciative.

Thanks again

BlueStocking
Re: mysql server wont start

I would go to my(your) site (where they provide the MySql) and ask for support. They should check or tell you how to see if your MySql is live and working as it should. I am on hypermart.net and they are very helpful at taking care of database connections problems I encountered when doing my setup on a Galllery2 -- which had not the same but similar type problems. They told me the problem re: the localhost -- and that I would not have been able to do anything about it. It was on their end.

I would give them a try.

Past request on php error link
https://xoops.org/modules/repository .. It is time to get involved - XOOPS.ORG

cybergirl111

just wanted to update everyone on why mySql server wouldnt connect in case anyone has a similar problem.

The issue turned out to be that I had an old Norton Anti-Virus still on my computer. Turns out the firewall in Norton was preventing the MySQL server from running.

Hope this helps someone out.

BlueStocking

by cybergirl111 on 2007/3/23 14:52:49

Hi Cybergirl111
First I want to congradulate you on success in finding your problem.

Now, please tellll... how did you find out it was Norton's.
and firewall?

Your problem and solution were interesting and I appreciate the feedback.

Thank you
BlueStocking
hardhunting.com
https://xoops.org/modules/repository .. It is time to get involved - XOOPS.ORG

Login

Who's Online

144 user(s) are online (68 user(s) are browsing Support Forums)

Members: 0

Guests: 144

more...

Donat-O-Meter

Stats
Goal: $100.00
Due Date: May 31
Gross Amount: $0.00
Net Balance: $0.00
Left to go: $100.00
Make donations with PayPal!

Latest GitHub Commits