zen64
News blocks doesn't show up
  • 2007/2/28 11:57

• zen64

• Just popping in

• Since: 2007/2/11

Hi! I've just installed XOOPS 2.0.16 and almost everything seems to work. BUT I've get a problem with the news module (version 1.5).
The module works, I can post and pubblish news, I selected the module as the default one for each side of the Web site, visible to anyone (not members as well). No problem, just fine.
Troubles come out when I try to show the blocks for this module (f. i. "news_archive" or "latest_news" and so on). All the settings seem allright to me: the blocks are set to "visible" for every visitor in the "group" admin menu, the are set to visibile in the block menu. No way: it shows up only empty blocks with the title, no news inside!
Any idea about the reason? Maybe I'm missing something in the settings?
By the way, I've got a curios problem whith the footer as well: it doesn't show up even if I write some words in the admin footer preferences panel... why?

Thank you for helping me!
zen

BDW
Re: News blocks doesn't show up
  • 2007/2/28 12:21

• BDW

• Quite a regular

• Since: 2002/9/28

go to your blocks section and click on "edit" to edit a block.

Down near the bottom there should be an option to choose which news sections you want the block to extract its news from. Press ctrl and select the ones you want to show using your mouse.

That should make them apear.

Do this with all yer news blocks.

zen64
Re: News blocks doesn't show up
  • 2007/2/28 15:06

• zen64

• Just popping in

• Since: 2007/2/11

Thank You, but unfortunately I allready did this step. I tried both selecting one section and all of them.
Nothing appears in the block...

Login

Who's Online

111 user(s) are online (82 user(s) are browsing Support Forums)

Members: 0

Guests: 111

more...

Donat-O-Meter

Stats
Goal: $100.00
Due Date: May 31
Gross Amount: $0.00
Net Balance: $0.00
Left to go: $100.00
Make donations with PayPal!

Latest GitHub Commits