Anonymous
Help - server move, now nothing
  • 2007/2/26 21:35

• Anonymous

• Since:

Help please!

I've just moved my site over to a new server....all files copied and database transfered.

Fist off I got this message when acceess my site via web-browser:

Quote:
This page cannot be displayed due to an internal error.

You can provide the following information to the administrators of this site to help them solve the problem:

Error: Smarty error: unable to write to $compile_dir '/templates_c'. Be sure $compile_dir is writable by the web server user.

CHMOD-ing this to 777 removed the message, leaving the blank white screen.

I'm wondering if the website and db ate "talking" to each other. Can I check this?

Also, how to I turn on php debugging from within the db? I figure this might help :)

All help much needed, to the point where I'm willing to give site/ftp access to someone trustworthy from on here.

TIA

Reintjan
Re: Help - server move, now nothing
  • 2007/2/27 1:02

• Reintjan

• Not too shy to talk

• Since: 2005/3/17

Looks like all folder and file settings are lost by moving to your new server. You should not only correct settings for template_c folder but check all settings (same as you did while installing XOOPS in first place).

Debug can be set to on in general settings on admin site.

Sccs
Be smart, stay smart. Stay one step ahead...

Anonymous
  • 2007/2/27 18:03

• Anonymous

• Since:

Just to say that I'm sorted out

Looks like a dodgy database upload.

You have my permission to shoot me if I ever suggest doing something like that again

kshivler
  • 2007/3/2 19:11

• kshivler

• Just popping in

• Since: 2006/12/17

Would you let me know what happened with your database upload and how you solved it?

I am having what may be a similar problem.

I uploaded the md5.php files to make sure my files are there. Initially some were not because of a faulty ftp. That is now coming out okay but I'm still getting the white screen when I try to access my site.

I have uploaded the db again and it seems okay when I look at the tables, but obviously something is not working right.

Is there something specific you found problematic with your database that might help me troubleshoot this situation?

Thanks so much for your help.
Kim

Anonymous
  • 2007/3/2 20:54

• Anonymous

• Since:

Quote:
kshivler wrote:
Would you let me know what happened with your database upload and how you solved it?

In truth I'm not sure ......

It might have been my new webspace becoming fully functional about 24-48 hours after I upgraded with my existing host.

However, what might have done it was:

1. deleting the database and remaking it
2. importing the database data from an uncompressed backup, leaving the mode as "auto detect".

With the compressed files I found that the .zip import didn't work that well (there were error messages) whereas the gzip (.gz) backup that I'd also exported looked okay after import.

However, I tried the gzip file lots of times to no avail and yet the first time I tried with the uncompressed .sql file the site came back up. Could have been pure coincidence, though.

Login

Who's Online

146 user(s) are online (63 user(s) are browsing Support Forums)

Members: 0

Guests: 146

more...

Donat-O-Meter

Stats
Goal: $100.00
Due Date: May 31
Gross Amount: $0.00
Net Balance: $0.00
Left to go: $100.00
Make donations with PayPal!

Latest GitHub Commits