wizanda
Xoops Image Manger Module Development Request
  • 2007/2/19 12:20

• wizanda

• Home away from home

• Since: 2004/3/21

I find it really strange when people are asking about uploading of Photo’s and images….when XOOPS is a custom built image manger to begin with….

Our problem exists that unless you are a user of the site, it’s a bit hard to browse these images, our sites have.

Yet within MySql where the data is stored, there is already a full listing for what could be a module.

All we would have to do is make a front end for the image manger data, and we have a module with full support of images in articles, yet also allowing a gallery of images if required as a module.

A further added request, is that of adding Shi-painter somewhere in the process, so then on an upload as in Pukiwiki add-ons, it is possible to attach a painting just done…we could do the same on image upload of the image manger…(else its own module to store in the image manger)…
Now if we had that in Xoops, so that on use of the image manger you can either make a new painting or change an old one, to incorporate in the article or post.
We have a full online art portal system in one and more intuitively, then any system could get, as that is what XOOPS is…I feel….

As else, it is a bit strange having an image manger/gallery that no one can see.

So this is a request for someone whom really knows Xoops, to develop a front end for our already existing gallery, which already has upload system with permission and everything in place, it just needs a front end.
It is just allowing, a few controls of how to show these and we have a much more rounded XOOPS (sphere) with its own gallery module built-in.

pacho
Re: Xoops Image Manager interacting with articles/news
  • 2007/8/23 19:35

• pacho

• Quite a regular

• Since: 2005/6/7 2

I am 100% agree with wizanda. The core has the power but the user hasn't easy to work with it.
I am knocking my head on how to use an article/section/news (whichever) module and integrate it with an image gallery.
A relation articleyy<->albumxx.
I think there are some XOOPS users who has work on it, maybe they could guide us.

Juan Ca.

Marco
  • 2007/8/23 20:03

• Marco

• Home away from home

• Since: 2004/3/15

well, 2 solutions :
- hook feature of extcal module by Zoullou (see zhttp://www.zoullou.net/modules/news/article.php?storyid=8)
- new image manager by GIJOE trough myAlbum-P module (seehttp://xoops.peak.ne.jp/md/mydownloads/singlefile.php?lid=61&cid=1)

but i agree, XOOPS image manager is a too old feature, definitely not acceptable for a CMS that argue it's one of the best. That's the same for the redirect-page, and admin backoffice.
marco
Do synergy or die.

pacho
  • 2007/8/23 22:07

• pacho

• Quite a regular

• Since: 2005/6/7 2

Thanks a lot Marco, these are very good solutions.
I'll try to simulate an auction site (only information, bid and buy are not necesary) using news+gallery+event.

Login

Who's Online

261 user(s) are online (154 user(s) are browsing Support Forums)

Members: 0

Guests: 261

more...

Donat-O-Meter

Stats
Goal: $100.00
Due Date: May 31
Gross Amount: $0.00
Net Balance: $0.00
Left to go: $100.00
Make donations with PayPal!

Latest GitHub Commits