biau83
LDAP authentication issue
  • 2007/2/12 22:34

• biau83

• Just popping in

• Since: 2007/2/12

I download XOOPS 2.0.16 (released 2006/11/17) from the official site,and installed it on CentOS platform,
every thing goes fine,and no error had founded!!I login the system with account called "root" sucessfully!
and set one of the authentication method called "Standardd LDAP Directory',and filled LDAP paramters in Administration Menu->Preference->Authentication Options,then I login XOOPS used account created on LDAP Directory sucessfuly.Every goes fine,and user can authenticate and login without baffle...
Once the user change their password under "Standardd LDAP Directory' authentication method, XOOPS tells user that profile updated and database updates sucessfully,but, when user login again,they can't use their new password,they still have to use the password before,this made user confuse,have anyone change your password under Standardd LDAP Directory' authentication method sucessfuly?this seems user LDAP Directory passwords not synchronize with changed one,is it a bug??

thanks for reading these messages

rlankford
Re: LDAP authentication issue
  • 2007/2/13 1:55

• rlankford

• Not too shy to talk

• Since: 2004/8/27

I am by no means an LDAP authentication expert, but I believe that synchronizing is beyond the scope of Xoops. On our intranet, we use special facilities to set our LDAP passwords. These facilities sync our password across many systems. My XOOPS site, however, isn't one of these systems.

My point to you is that using the XOOPS screens to change your password only changes your local XOOPS password. If you disabled Standard LDAP authentication and went back to XOOPS authentication, then your user's password would probably be the new one that they entered. Since your LDAP directory probably existed before you ever set up your XOOPS site (at least I hope it did -- there's no reason to go through these LDAP hoops if your setting up your LDAP server just for Xoops! Just use XOOPS authentication!), you probably already have some defined process for changing your LDAP password. In this case, just tell your users to use that existing process. Once they do this, they'll immediately be able to use their new password from XOOPS using LDAP authentication.

--hope this helps...

biau83
Re: LDAP authentication issue
  • 2007/2/13 4:08

• biau83

• Just popping in

• Since: 2007/2/12

Thanks for your suggestion.The users indeed login XOOPS with LDAP authentication method,and they did change their password using "Edit form" interface in XOOPS.But,when they finished changing their password,and login again,they still can't use new password,the correct one is old password.

Another scenario,while the user login learning system called MOODLE(Modular Objective Oriented Document Learning System) using the same LDAP server used in XOOPS,
they can change their password in MOODLE change password form.The password synchronized with LDAP server,LDAP server works fine.The problem appears in XOOPS.I am confused!Is it a bug??

Login

Who's Online

169 user(s) are online (102 user(s) are browsing Support Forums)

Members: 0

Guests: 169

more...

Donat-O-Meter

Stats
Goal: $100.00
Due Date: Apr 30
Gross Amount: $0.00
Net Balance: $0.00
Left to go: $100.00
Make donations with PayPal!

Latest GitHub Commits