rabideau
New XOOPS default theme
  • 2007/2/12 2:34

• rabideau

• Home away from home

• Since: 2003/4/25

Since it appears that some theme developers within the community are getting access to the new default theme (2.3?); when will the remaining theme developers be granted similar access???
Pax vobiscum,
...mark

may the road rise to meet your feet!

http://treemagic.org

JMorris
Re: New XOOPS default theme
  • 2007/2/12 2:38

• JMorris

• XOOPS is my life!

• Since: 2004/4/11

We all have access through SVN ->http://xoops.svn.sourceforge.net/viewvc/xoops/XoopsCore/trunk/htdocs/themes/default/

It's a pain in the butt to download it all, but it is accessible.
Insanity can be defined as "doing the same thing over and over and expecting different results."

Stupidity is not a crime. Therefore, you are free to go.

rabideau
  • 2007/2/12 2:41

• rabideau

• Home away from home

• Since: 2003/4/25

Thanks James,

Is it possible for you to make a download of a zipped version of the theme???

Otherwise I guess I can tough out the download of all the individual files, like you did.
Pax vobiscum,
...mark

may the road rise to meet your feet!

http://treemagic.org

JMorris
  • 2007/2/12 2:50

• JMorris

• XOOPS is my life!

Mark,

Let me make sure I've downloaded it correctly. The way it is displaying right now, I'm afraid I might have missed something. :-S

After I verify the download, I'll build a .zip package. Skalpa has stated to me that he wants more developers to work from the SVN files because that is the latest stable code base (which makes sense), so I don't think he would object to making the files available in a more convenient package.
Insanity can be defined as "doing the same thing over and over and expecting different results."

Bassman
  • 2007/2/12 3:21

• Bassman

• Friend of XOOPS

• Since: 2003/5/23

Jeez, I hope that's not the finished product (based on James's site version). My screen res is 1280 x 1024 and it's STILL scrolling sideways. Well, everything except the header is scrolling... and apologies to the theme author, but it's not really a thing of beauty either..... (my personal opinion of course...)

Will_H
  • 2007/2/12 3:38

• Will_H

• Friend of XOOPS

• Since: 2004/10/10

the new default theme needs a little work.

(specifically overflow:auto;)

JMorris
  • 2007/2/12 3:40

• JMorris

• XOOPS is my life!

That's the same initial impression I got as well, Bassman. However, this is the first time I've downloaded from SVN, so there is a possibility that I made a mistake somewhere.

I'm working on contacting Skalpa and the others who were involved in the theme's development to make sure that I've got the most accurate code available. Once I've ensured the accuracy of the code, I'll gladly update this thread and let everybody know.

If this IS the most accurate code... Well, it's better than the old 2.0 version in some respects, but overall... Let's just say I'm really hoping that I really screwed up somewhere.

JMorris
  • 2007/2/12 4:01

• JMorris

• XOOPS is my life!

Well, the good news is that I found a couple mistakes on my end. The layout looks a little more complete now. However, there is still a few issues with the design that need attention.

Again, I'm really hoping that this boils down to a mistake on my part, but I've spent the last few hours checking the files and I don't see where I could have messed up any more. Fortunately, what issues remain are minor and can be sorted out in a short time.

Skalpa said that the SVN version is fully compatible with XOOPS 2.0.16. If anyone else would like to download the SVN files and double-check that I didn't make a mistake somewhere, it would be most welcome.

Login

Who's Online

284 user(s) are online (207 user(s) are browsing Support Forums)

Members: 0

Guests: 284

more...

Donat-O-Meter

Stats
Goal: $100.00
Due Date: May 31
Gross Amount: $0.00
Net Balance: $0.00
Left to go: $100.00
Make donations with PayPal!

Latest GitHub Commits