ron-cpw
Need suggestion for a module
  • 2007/1/27 12:07

• ron-cpw

• Just popping in

• Since: 2006/12/19

I would like to hear some suggestions for adapting an existing module to do this:

We would like to keep a tally and report on the results of auctions on certain collector cars. This is a bit like a database.

Main page would list the Date, Location, Vehicle description and Selling price...perhaps in a table format.
Each row should link to a detail page that carries a few images and a dialog about the sale.

We have done this before with plain coded pages, but would like to try it with an existing package....with a user front-end for submission.

Any ideas?

thanks

ron-cpw
Re: Need suggestion for a module
  • 2007/1/29 2:52

• ron-cpw

• Just popping in

...just checking back on this. Looking to use a known, existing module that can be modified for this data-lookup application.

Anyone with a creative idea?

Lance_
  • 2007/1/29 3:19

• Lance_

• Home away from home

• Since: 2004/1/12

Formulize comes to mind, since it's been mentioned a few times the last couple of days.
GDL-Web.com :: Website development.
Xoopslance.com::Freelancing and Projects
thelionsden-arena.net:: Clan/League/Ladder Hosting

ron-cpw
  • 2007/1/29 3:40

• ron-cpw

• Just popping in

Thanks...took a fast look the other day when I saw it first mentioned. I'll go back and take a longer look.

Right now, I am playing with MyReviews to see if could be modified for the task.

jegelstaff

Hello,

It sounds like Formulize could definitely fill this need. You might have to make some custom pages in Pageworks if you're concerned about exactly how the table looks and what information is presented. But ultimately, that should be simpler than writing a new module or maybe even hacking something else that is maybe close (like MyReviews).

We always try to funnel as many development needs through Formulize as possible, so that when improvements are made to meet the needs of one project, they're immediately available to all other projects using Formulize. So notifications are a good example. One project needed notifications for when new entries are made in forms. We added in a notification system, and then all other projects using Formulize immediately had that, even though the use of Formulize in one site might be activity logs, and in another site it might be surveys. Those are quite different modes of interacting with information, but since they're based on the same general form system, ie: Formulize, they benefit from each other's improvements.

So the hope is that by making a generalized form and data management tool, then the same underlying features can support wildly different user-facing applications.

If you think Formulize might work for you, feel free to post more details of what you're trying to build in the discussion forums in our dev.xoops.org area, which you can easily reach through this URL:

http://www.freeformsolutions.ca/formulize

The "Using Formulize..." PDF available for download there hopefully gives you enough background to get going.

Good luck,

--Julian
Technical Architect - Freeform Solutions
Formulize - custom registration forms, ad hoc forms and reports

ron-cpw
  • 2007/1/29 18:04

• ron-cpw

• Just popping in

Thanks, Julian...

I'll post the idea over there...and we'll see if it fits.

Login

Who's Online

158 user(s) are online (113 user(s) are browsing Support Forums)

Members: 0

Guests: 158

more...

Donat-O-Meter

Stats
Goal: $100.00
Due Date: Apr 30
Gross Amount: $0.00
Net Balance: $0.00
Left to go: $100.00
Make donations with PayPal!

Latest GitHub Commits