AlexSolo
How do I replace the standard editor with kolvi across each module?
  • 2007/1/14 15:22

• AlexSolo

• Not too shy to talk

• Since: 2006/3/8 1

Checked the facs and did a search and couldn't find the exact answer I need. Although, I swear I did read it somewhere before! I have installed kolvi where recommended (inside class folder). I am using the current install of Xoops. I am using a combination of the news, smartsections, Multimenu to create content in my site. Smartsections has a selection button but news does not. I remember reading something about changing xoopsform"something".php but I can't find the documentation. Can someone point me in the correct direction.

Also I would like to change the width of the type-in area of kolvi to make it a little wider. Is this possible? If so, where and how?

thanks in advance.

leostotch
Re: How do I replace the standard editor with kolvi across each module?
  • 2007/1/14 16:16

• leostotch

• Just popping in

• Since: 2006/4/1 1

It's in the 2.0.15 release notes file.

Now the example given is for TinyEditor, but it should be easy to do the same for koivi...
If you installed koivi in /class/wysiwyg/, then AFAIK the correct line should be:
var $htmlEditor = array( 'XoopsFormWysiwygTextArea''/class/wysiwyg/formwysiwygtextarea.php' );

AlexSolo
  • 2007/1/14 16:47

• AlexSolo

• Not too shy to talk

Got the information where you suggested, thanks I knew I read it somewhere before. Copied and pasted your script in the appropriate spot but it did not change "News" modules editor. Still has xoopseditor as active editor. Is there something else I need to update?

AlexSolo
  • 2007/1/14 17:24

• AlexSolo

• Not too shy to talk

Found the answer in something I had previously downloaded " xk_editor class v1.0.52.1" It had instructions on how to get news 1.1 and 1.2 to work with the wysiwyg editor. It involves substituting code in 2 news module files.

The editor NOW works with my installation of news "even better" than is smartsections as the box for entering text is nice and wide.

Anyone know how to modify the same in smartsections?

Login

Who's Online

158 user(s) are online (97 user(s) are browsing Support Forums)

Members: 0

Guests: 158

more...

Donat-O-Meter

Stats
Goal: $100.00
Due Date: Apr 30
Gross Amount: $0.00
Net Balance: $0.00
Left to go: $100.00
Make donations with PayPal!

Latest GitHub Commits