rlankford
New Problem?
  • 2007/1/12 15:52

• rlankford

• Not too shy to talk

• Since: 2004/8/27

Here's something that I haven't seen mentioned yet...

I have a server with XOOPS at 2.0.13.2. It uses the "Authentication Hack" to authenticate via the LDAP server.

I want to upgrade to 2.0.16. This now has authentication built in (yeah!). So I did a fresh install of 2.0.16 on my local computer just to be sure that I could configure the built-in authentication stuff correctly and see how it works. And, of course, it seems to be better than the hack ever was (more options, etc.). So far so good...

So I download 2.0.16 to the server and following the instructions to the letter. The only difference I made was to comment out the line in mainfile.php that was dedicated to loading in the old "Authentication Hack". As you can probably guess, however, I wasn't able to connect to the ldap server and authenticate on my server (upgraded Xoops) like I can on my local machine (fresh install).

Why not? Well, interestingly enough, the Admin/Preferences/Authentication screen on the server doesn't have all the parameters that the same screen does on the client! Check out these screen shots:

Local Version (fresh install):
Resized Image

Server Version (upgrade install):
Resized Image

As you can see, there is an extra parameter in the fresh install that didn't come over via the upgrade process. Does anyone have any ideas on how to fix this?

Thanks in advance for your help!

rlankford
Re: New Problem?
  • 2007/1/15 14:05

• rlankford

• Not too shy to talk

• Since: 2004/8/27

Ok, so I'll answer my own question here :)

As it turns out, I needed to add a record to the xoops_config table in the database. The records in this table, apparently, correspond to the fields that show up in the preferences area of Xoops. The record should have the following values:

conf_modid = 0
conf_catid = 7
conf_name = ldap_base_dn
conf_title = _MD_AM_LDAP_BASE_DN
conf_value = ** whatever_your_base_dn_value_is **
conf_desc = _MD_AM_LDAP_BASE_DN_DESC
conf_formtype = textbox
conf_valuetype = text
conf_order = 4

Adding that record in immediately gave my site the ability to use the LDAP server for authentication.

Login

Who's Online

64 user(s) are online (42 user(s) are browsing Support Forums)

Members: 0

Guests: 64

more...

Donat-O-Meter

Stats
Goal: $100.00
Due Date: May 31
Gross Amount: $0.00
Net Balance: $0.00
Left to go: $100.00
Make donations with PayPal!

Latest GitHub Commits