dizzymarkus
block weights

Howdy,

Please no one laugh lol --

I am having the darndest time trying to arrange center blocks.

--I make a custom block center with a weight of 5
--I make a custom block center_right and center_left weights of 0 (also tried 0 and 1 ****different weights :0)

No matter how I arrange it the half blocks(center_left & center_right) always appear on bottom of everything else. Why and how can I arrange them in order please.

The appear with the proper weights in groups edit template nd blocks edit template but yet they appaer on bottom. Any help given is greatly appreciated.

Markus

zoops4u
Re: block weights
  • 2007/1/8 17:23

• zoops4u

• Just popping in

• Since: 2006/7/13

the weight only function in the same side

and the block-order depends on the theme

dizzymarkus

Quote:
and the block-order depends on the theme

Care to elaborate on this? please. WHat file effects this and how to adjust it? thanks alot,
Markus

Peekay
  • 2007/1/9 0:04

• Peekay

• XOOPS is my life!

• Since: 2004/11/20

Up to XOOPS 2.0.14, whether 'centre-centre' blocks appeared above or below centre R/L blocks depended entirely on the theme. It was one position, or the other. So if C-Left=1, C-Right=2 and C-Centre=3, the centre block will still appear above the others. To change this, you need to edit the layout of 'theme.html'.

In XOOPS 2.0.14+, you gained the option to put C-Centre blocks above or below centre R/L blocks when the block is created, but the theme has to be designed to support this new feature.

As xoops4u points out, the block weight is the weight relative to other blocks of the same type.
A thread is for life. Not just for Christmas.

dizzymarkus

Well understood now thank you very much-- was a good explaination and Im off to mess with it. Thanks greatly for your time,
Markus

• 2007/2/4 14:53

• Just popping in

• Since: 2007/1/26

Hi Peekay,zoops4u ;

Thank you for your answers , I understand now .

So how i can know the theme has to be designed to support this new feature before i install it ?

I have install XOOPS 2 theme ( ps2 wide ) , i found that it can't support this function , how i can modifty it ? where i can get information about modifty the theme can use this new feature ?

Thanks !

Peekay
  • 2007/2/4 19:07

• Peekay

• XOOPS is my life!

• Since: 2004/11/20

I don't think it is that difficult to edit an existing theme to allow for the new layout, but I haven't actually done it. Perhaps one of the theme designers will give you some help.
A thread is for life. Not just for Christmas.

Login

Who's Online

151 user(s) are online (98 user(s) are browsing Support Forums)

Members: 0

Guests: 151

more...

Donat-O-Meter

Stats
Goal: $100.00
Due Date: Apr 30
Gross Amount: $0.00
Net Balance: $0.00
Left to go: $100.00
Make donations with PayPal!

Latest GitHub Commits