JMorris
Revenue Sharing Hack?
  • 2006/12/27 0:15

• JMorris

• XOOPS is my life!

• Since: 2004/4/11

I'm a member of a few community sites (non-XOOPS) that have a nice feature that financially rewards it's contributing members through Google Adsense revenue sharing. The basic gest of the system is that every user with >n posts will have their Google Adsense google_ad_client # randomly inserted into the site's advertisements. In addition, the system automatically detects when the user is logged in and does not display a user's own google_ad_client # to the user. That way they are not clicking on their own ads, thus preventing the dreaded Google cancelation.

From the template for system_userinfo.html, I see that there is a SMARTY variable for $user_posts, therefore <{if $user_posts > n}> would solve the first part of my scenerio.

Now, the trick is assigning a variable for the google_ad_client #, storing it in the database, presenting it in edituser.php and checking to ensure that the user is not seeing their own ads.

This is where I need help. Would anyone like to tackle this challenge?

Thanks!

James

P.S. I've already figured out an alternate method using the built-in banner system and a third-party banner rotator script, but they require manual tracking of user posts and editing of the code.
Insanity can be defined as "doing the same thing over and over and expecting different results."

Stupidity is not a crime. Therefore, you are free to go.

Login

Who's Online

409 user(s) are online (99 user(s) are browsing Support Forums)

Members: 0

Guests: 409

more...

Donat-O-Meter

Stats
Goal: $100.00
Due Date: Aug 31
Gross Amount: $0.00
Net Balance: $0.00
Left to go: $100.00
Make donations with PayPal!

Latest GitHub Commits