darkhelmet
Help installing XOOP
  • 2006/12/16 6:24

• darkhelmet

• Just popping in

• Since: 2006/12/16

My Web site directory is "public_html." I tried copying the contents of the XOOP archive into this folder and that didn't work, then into the "ftp.mywebsite.com/" and that didn't work, then into a folder I saw that is labeled "www" and that didn't work. Each time I refreshed my browser, I was looking at all the files listed in a directory.

The install guide reads, "Once you done this, make sure to move or copy all XOOPS 2 files from the HTML directory to your root web directory (your provider usually provides this location with directions)." Now the way I read this, I am supposed to copy the files from my computer hard drive to an HTML directory then to a root directory. Is there a reason why I have to copy it to one directory on the server first and then to another? And where is this "root directory?"

After I FTP, I see the following folders:

.cpanel-datastore
.fantasticodata
etc
mail
public_html
tmp

Obviously I need some hand-holding here because I just am not getting it.

WarDick
Re: Help installing XOOP
  • 2006/12/16 6:54

• WarDick

• Just can't stay away

• Since: 2003/9/13

Quote:
Is there a reason why I have to copy it to one directory on the server first and then to another?

You need to upload the contents of the html directory on your computer to your public_html directory on your server.

Quote:
And where is this "root directory?

In your case it is public_html.

If you put the contents of the html directory into public_html you can access your site by the urlhttp://www.yoursite.com

If you upload the html directory to your servers public_html/html. You would access your site by the urlhttp://www.yoursite.com/html

You could give the html a more create name and access it by that name.
Urging XOOPS to be the Best It Can Be.
Richard......

darkhelmet
Re: Help installing XOOP
  • 2006/12/22 7:23

• darkhelmet

• Just popping in

• Since: 2006/12/16

That worked - thank you!

Login

Who's Online

243 user(s) are online (149 user(s) are browsing Support Forums)

Members: 0

Guests: 243

more...

Donat-O-Meter

Stats
Goal: $100.00
Due Date: May 31
Gross Amount: $0.00
Net Balance: $0.00
Left to go: $100.00
Make donations with PayPal!

Latest GitHub Commits