bladeex1
Building a better interface
  • 2006/12/12 16:51

• bladeex1

• Just popping in

• Since: 2006/12/8

Ok I've been looking at CMS's for a year and have decided to give XOOPS a go mostly because I like the ease of installing and the functions. I have a gaming website that focuses on video game tournament for console games, review, articles, and has an active fourm. I want to some what change the look of my site, but I don't want it to look like every other XOOPS site on the net.

The type of thing I'm trying to do is something like this site. www.mlgpro.com My site is www.agzonline.com Some How do I do this with Xoops? Can I use dreamweaver to design my page and then use XOOPS as the backend using only the modules I want or least the functionally of the modules. My test site ishttp://agz.agzmarketing.com

Here are some of the things I want to acheive.
1.Users can submit photo's and video
2. I love the user pages add-on for Joomla...can XOOPS do this?
3. I would prefer to use invision or vbulletin.
4. User submitted blogs
5. Flash navigation - I already have a way to do this just not for Xoops.

That's basicly it. Sorry for the long post but I really want to use XOOPS and hope if has the ability to do at least most of these things.

Thanks

davidl2
Re: Building a better interface
  • 2006/12/12 17:06

• davidl2

• XOOPS is my life!

• Since: 2003/5/26

Although it can take a bit of work to customise, I personally use MultiMenu (although iMenu is also rather good...)

bladeex1
Re: Building a better interface
  • 2006/12/12 17:14

• bladeex1

• Just popping in

• Since: 2006/12/8

Ok grabbed multimenu and will install and mess around with it. What about the general look and feel of xoops? Any suggestions on somthing I may have missed or if I can use Dreamweaver designed pages as a frontend?

Thanks for the quick reply

Login

Who's Online

228 user(s) are online (151 user(s) are browsing Support Forums)

Members: 0

Guests: 228

more...

Donat-O-Meter

Stats
Goal: $100.00
Due Date: Apr 30
Gross Amount: $0.00
Net Balance: $0.00
Left to go: $100.00
Make donations with PayPal!

Latest GitHub Commits