Maadman
word filter question
  • 2006/12/5 8:44

• Maadman

• Just popping in

• Since: 2006/1/17

I am not sure if something like this is possible so I thought I would ask. Would it be possible to have a word filter on curse words for anonymous users, but a way to have registered users choose whether or not they would like to disable the language filter once they are logged in? Thanks!

wizanda
Re: word filter question
  • 2006/12/5 9:04

• wizanda

• Home away from home

• Since: 2004/3/21

There is XOOPS word censor list built into it, in the prefrences...there is also a very large list of these we collected in our Zoops downloads on our site...

Yet as for only certain user being able to sell Via-gra or Zan-tak ect its better, none do

Maadman
Re: word filter question
  • 2006/12/5 9:53

• Maadman

• Just popping in

• Since: 2006/1/17

Quote:

wizanda wrote:
There is XOOPS word censor list built into it, in the prefrences...there is also a very large list of these we collected in our Zoops downloads on our site...

Yet as for only certain user being able to sell Via-gra or Zan-tak ect its better, none do

Well it really has nothing to do with people using words like via-gra. I have a problem with some of my users want to use words that other people want censored. If I start censoring certain bad language I am afraid I will also lose some of the people that like to say whatever they want on the forums, but I am also losing some people who are offended by bad language, that is why I was wondering if it would be possible to have an option of those who would be affected by the built in word filterer.

Login

Who's Online

142 user(s) are online (77 user(s) are browsing Support Forums)

Members: 0

Guests: 142

more...

Donat-O-Meter

Stats
Goal: $100.00
Due Date: May 31
Gross Amount: $0.00
Net Balance: $0.00
Left to go: $100.00
Make donations with PayPal!

Latest GitHub Commits