cyberspace
banners?

How do I get a an animated GIF banner to work in xoops?I tried going the system--> banners and giving the link to my animated gif banner, but this doesn't work. My animated GIF picture just shows as a normal picture. Does anyone know what I could do?

and besides that, does anyone know any GIF banner creating software cuz I'm creating my own banners right now.

thanks!
"Feed the children of the next generation cocaine, LSD, and XTC"

msdana
Re: banners?
  • 2006/11/8 15:14

• msdana

• Just can't stay away

• Since: 2005/12/11

Hmmm, I use Photoshop and ImageReady to create my animated banners and they work fine when using the XOOPS banner system.

How are you saving your animated GIFs? What program are you currently using?

If you do a search for banner creation, there are a few online banner generators you may find useful.

HTH
[size=x-small]If God is watching us, the least we can do is be entertaining.[/size]
Graphic Worx : Xoops Themes

cyberspace

I'm currently using easy gif animator. I can make an animated banner using that, but when I put it up in the banner section in XOOPS the banner doesn't do the animation thing. But another thing, bout the program I'm using I can't make like a banner(448x80) with a few animated pics beside each other. for example having two pics for the first image and making them switch constantly. like say I have a picture of a dog and a cat. I would put them together and one sec I would see the cat and the next second I would see the dog. and this I would want the full width(448) of my banner
thanks for your help!

cyberspace

I figured it out why my GIF image wasn't animating. I'm running my website on Windows 2003 server, and on server ActiveX is always deactivated. I tried accessing my site from a different operating system and my banner works fine. The only problem I have now is how do I put several different gif pics beside each other to make a full banner? just copy past in photoshop?

Login

Who's Online

163 user(s) are online (100 user(s) are browsing Support Forums)

Members: 0

Guests: 163

more...

Donat-O-Meter

Stats
Goal: $100.00
Due Date: May 31
Gross Amount: $0.00
Net Balance: $0.00
Left to go: $100.00
Make donations with PayPal!

Latest GitHub Commits