ocean
Selected module does not exist
  • 2006/10/4 2:57

• ocean

• Friend of XOOPS

• Since: 2004/2/18

Dear friends,

I have an operational XOOPS 2.0.9 installation that I would like to upgrade. I made a copy of the files and the database dump file on my machine at home and the transfer went well with no apparent errors. I have the same number of files at both servers so I presume the transfer went well. My machine at home runs Mandriva 10.2 with :

MySQL-4.1.11-1.6.102mdk
mod_php-4.3.10-4mdk
(php safe_mode = Off)
apache-1.3.33-6.1.102mdk

When I log in as admin and enter the section System admin - modules and try to administer some of the modules, I get the following error: "Selected module does not exist". I tried all the debugging options but no single warning message is produced and I am immediately directed to the website (out of the admin section).

Below are the modules I have. I marked the modules that produce the "Selected module does not exist" error with a (x) :

system v1
xoopsfaq v1.1 (x)
news v1.1 (x)
agendax v2 (x)
filemanager v3
tinycontent v1.4 (x)
multimenu v1.6 (x)
wfsection v1.01
mylinks v1.1 (x)
phpmyadmin v2.33

When I try to update modules, none of them gets updated, producing the error: "Could not update xxx", producing no debugging info whatsoever, no matter what debugging level I am in. This latter problem is true for all the modules, not only the ones marked with (x).

I also found out that I cannot modify a single thing in the admin section. After modifying a parameter, it says "Database Updated Successfully!" but it's not true. The database did not get modified at all. When I turn on the MySQL debugging on through phpmyadmin, each time XOOPS makes a query, I only get a blank page with a "Close" button on it...

This is all I can say for now. As you see, my website is pretty much useless right now and I don't dare touching the online website which works... At least for now.

I went through the forum for similar threads (especially the ones that deal with the error message "Selected module does not exist" but I was amazed at the number of people having that problem and no one seemed to have proposed a single solution that worked (as far as I could see). All the threads still seem to be unresolved...

any comments?
I am ready to give more inputs, if necessary
best regards and many thanks from advance
Servet

Will_H
Re: Selected module does not exist
  • 2006/10/4 4:49

• Will_H

• Friend of XOOPS

• Since: 2004/10/10

So you updated from 2.0.9 to ???

What update path did you take

i.e.

2.0.9 -> ????? -> ?????

Did you also update the modules?

i.e news 1.0 will not work with 2.0.15 you need to upgrade the news module to 1.44

WarDick
  • 2006/10/4 5:47

• WarDick

• Just can't stay away

• Since: 2003/9/13

I believe you will find that the modules do not have the file permissions set correctly.
Urging XOOPS to be the Best It Can Be.
Richard......

ocean
  • 2006/10/17 19:34

• ocean

• Friend of XOOPS

I did not upgrade the site yet. I just made a copy of the 2.0.9 installation on my machine at home. Before the upgrade, I wanted to know that everything works fine... but no way!

Should I try to upgrade the site when it is at this state (not functional at all)?

Quote:

Biteronboard wrote:
So you updated from 2.0.9 to ???

What update path did you take

i.e.

2.0.9 -> ????? -> ?????

Did you also update the modules?

i.e news 1.0 will not work with 2.0.15 you need to upgrade the news module to 1.44

ocean
  • 2006/10/17 19:43

• ocean

• Friend of XOOPS

All the subdirectories in the modules folder have the drwxrwxr-x permissions. All the php files underneath these subfolders have the -rw-r--r-- permissions...

They do look OK, don't they?

Quote:

WarDick wrote:
I believe you will find that the modules do not have the file permissions set correctly.

khuhner
  • 2006/11/5 1:11

• khuhner

• Quite a regular

• Since: 2006/1/6 3

I'm having the same problem:

Quote:
Could not update <module>

I tried updating a module (eXtCal) and I wanted to roll it back, which I thought I did (as I have done for other modules in the past).

After reading this post I changed all directories under modules to 775 as suggested. That caused other problems. I changed them back to 755 and that was a little better. However I cant update any modules. The files in the module I updated are all 644.

I also cant set the debug mode either; it says it was updated, but its not. Interestingly it also deletes the file adminmenu.php from the cache directory, causing the "first time in admin..." loop.

Help, I'm open for any suggestions or any assistance!

Kurt

khuhner
  • 2006/11/5 1:43

• khuhner

• Quite a regular

I was able to set debugging by manually updating the DB.

Here's what I've found. While there were many "notices" these two caught my eye:

Quote:
Notice [PHP]: unserialize() [function.unserialize]: Error at offset 37 of 246 bytes in file kernel/configitem.php line 100
Warning [PHP]: Invalid argument supplied for foreach() in file class/module.textsanitizer.php line 368

Now, line 368 in the file above is:
Quote:

foreach ($this->censorConf['censor_words'] as $bad) {

What gives? I didnt modify these files?

I'm running XOOPS 2.0.13.2 and MySql 5

khuhner
  • 2006/11/25 0:16

• khuhner

• Quite a regular

BUMP

All I did was change my XOOPS_URL from an IP # to my host name and all works well except for updating modules.

I deleted the cache and templates_c directories.

If I change XOOPS_URL back to an IOP # it all works.

ANY help here?

Kurt

khuhner
  • 2006/11/28 2:48

• khuhner

• Quite a regular

BUMP, BUMP?

Anyone?

khuhner
  • 2006/12/2 20:16

• khuhner

• Quite a regular

BUMP, BUMP, BUMP?

Login

Who's Online

138 user(s) are online (82 user(s) are browsing Support Forums)

Members: 0

Guests: 138

more...

Donat-O-Meter

Stats
Goal: $100.00
Due Date: May 31
Gross Amount: $0.00
Net Balance: $0.00
Left to go: $100.00
Make donations with PayPal!

Latest GitHub Commits