Puppies
Links don't work and some pages flash
  • 2006/10/3 20:37

• Puppies

• Just popping in

• Since: 2006/7/19

Hi folks,

I took the plunge and migrated my XOOPS 2.0.13.2 site to my own dedicated server.

I got the basic install working nicely quite quickly, displaying some module content straight away. I can access the news module OK, and I have polls for my homepage and that works.

The problem is that when I hit submit on the xoopspoll it goes to the xoopspoll list without recording the vote.

Also, if I click on a mylinks link the browser gets locked in what looks like a continous refresh "flashing".

This worried me so I tried tweaking the permissions - first 777 ing the cache, templates_c and uploads directories.

I then noticed that some individual files were 777 when they should be 644 so I changed those individually (a desperate man).

Next, it still didn't work so I emtpied the both caches to make sure nothing had been carried over from the old install.

Finally, I upgraded everything except the themes and mainfile.php to the latest XOOPS using a full install tarball.

Any ideas folks? I thought

1. Permissions were the problem, but have run out of ideas. The webserver doesn't have to own certain files does it?

2. Pehraps it is the db user permissions?

3. FYI one module is missing a template file.

Apache
MySQL 4.x
PHP 5.x
Linux box.

Puppies
Re: Links don't work and some pages flash
  • 2006/10/10 16:55

• Puppies

• Just popping in

• Since: 2006/7/19

Can anyone help me?

Login

Who's Online

454 user(s) are online (64 user(s) are browsing Support Forums)

Members: 0

Guests: 454

more...

Donat-O-Meter

Stats
Goal: $100.00
Due Date: Oct 31
Gross Amount: $0.00
Net Balance: $0.00
Left to go: $100.00
Make donations with PayPal!

Latest GitHub Commits