liveid
Cannot Edit My Custom Entries in Main Menu
  • 2006/9/7 21:46

• liveid

• Just popping in

• Since: 2006/8/24

I am using XOOOPS version 2.0.14

I edited my main menu following the instructions on another post located at https://xoops.org/modules/smartfaq/faq.php?faqid=261

That was simple enough... I was able to get my custom links into the new menu. Then I realized I misspelled one of the words in the link.

I fixed it on my computer then uploaded it to modules/system/templates/blocks and overwrote the file that was there; updated the system and Nothing! Did not change... Tried it again a few times... I even tried to delete the file completely and then update in the admin module... When I updated without the file there no menu at all showed up... Then I uploaded again and once again the version of the menu I uploaded with the spelling error reared its ugly head. I have spent hours on this now... can anyone guess about what in the world could possibly be going on???

I am going to get notified on my blackberry if someone responds to this post... So if you ask me for some more info about anything I will probably reply right away.

Thanks... I am on a real deadline with this one..

stefan88
Re: Cannot Edit My Custom Entries in Main Menu
  • 2006/9/7 21:55

• stefan88

• Community Support Member

• Since: 2004/9/20

Try

in XOOPS admin preferences set update templates to yes

or

clear the templates_c folder - delete all files in that folder, except for index.html

aph3x
  • 2006/9/7 21:55

• aph3x

• Theme Designer

• Since: 2004/12/26

You might also wanna try to delete the content of the "templates_c" folder EXCEPT the "index.html" file and then update the system module just in case

ALLWAYS remember to backup before any big modification!

Edited: I'm getting slower heh
Everything I'm not made me everything I am
The Themes

liveid
  • 2006/9/7 22:23

• liveid

• Just popping in

• Since: 2006/8/24

Thank You SOO MUCH! I spent literally the last 5 hours trying to figure out what was wrong. Problem Solved!

Login

Who's Online

480 user(s) are online (68 user(s) are browsing Support Forums)

Members: 0

Guests: 480

more...

Donat-O-Meter

Stats
Goal: $100.00
Due Date: Sep 30
Gross Amount: $0.00
Net Balance: $0.00
Left to go: $100.00
Make donations with PayPal!

Latest GitHub Commits