deadfs
Xoops 2.0.15 and wfsection
  • 2006/9/4 6:21

• deadfs

• Just popping in

• Since: 2005/9/2 9

I recently installed wf-section 2.07b3 on XOOPS 2.0.15 and, after a regular installation log, I can't create any section, because the section management interface doesn't exist.

I installed also wf-section 2.01 but there was the same problem.

some hint?

Chappy
Re: Xoops 2.0.15 and wfsection
  • 2006/9/4 7:15

• Chappy

• Friend of XOOPS

• Since: 2002/12/14

Suggestion: Abandon wf-sections. It's like fitting a lawnmower motor to a Chevy Suburban - they just aren't made for each other. Wf-section was excellent a year or more ago - no slight on wf-section at all. WF-section stopped development some time ago and, if I remember correctly, was effectively taken over for development by the folks at SmartSection which can be found at http://smartfactory.ca/.

Make sure to get the latest version of SmartSection, too. 2.0.15 had some changes that created issues with some of the smart modules. There is a preview of both SmartSection and SmartFAQ out for testing to make sure the 2.0.15 issues are fixed. So, I guess what I'm saying is, go with SmartSection but you should probably wait (I'd imagine just a couple of days) for the stable 2.11. If you can't wait that long, try the preview (knowing of course that it is just a preview). Still, IMHO, the preview will be a darn sight better than WF-sections.

HTH
MMM...It tastes like chicken! ...

Login

Who's Online

278 user(s) are online (149 user(s) are browsing Support Forums)

Members: 0

Guests: 278

more...

Donat-O-Meter

Stats
Goal: $100.00
Due Date: May 31
Gross Amount: $0.00
Net Balance: $0.00
Left to go: $100.00
Make donations with PayPal!

Latest GitHub Commits