maxima
Big Firefox problem!!
  • 2006/8/31 23:52

• maxima

• Not too shy to talk

• Since: 2006/3/4 4

Sometimes FireFox is a really dumb browser!

All was well and then today FireFox is not reading all of the CSS file. It won't display styles forl;

blockTitle
blockContent
#mainmenu
#usermenu
ul
li
item
odd
even
outer

yet it displays styles for;
body
td
a
a:hover

Does anyone know what causes this? It was working before and still works in IE. I don't know what it's doing in Safari but I am now concerned.

maxima
Re: Big Firefox problem!!
  • 2006/9/1 2:46

• maxima

• Not too shy to talk

I've managed to fix the CSS by re-writing the entire thing. Evidently it was corrupt though IE could read it. Makes you wonder why FireFox users beatup on IE when it (FF) can't interpret a file which visually appears perfect.

It looks the same now that I have re-written it and now FF obeys. Has anyone had this problem? What causes this?

McNaz
  • 2006/9/1 5:54

• McNaz

• Just can't stay away

• Since: 2003/4/21

Quote:
I've managed to fix the CSS by re-writing the entire thing. Evidently it was corrupt though IE could read it. Makes you wonder why FireFox users beatup on IE when it (FF) can't interpret a file which visually appears perfect.

Lol. Wait till you have to do serious CSS based development for IE then you will curse the day it was release.

I'd love to see how many websites will be broken once IE7 ships.

Quote:
What causes this?

Bad CSS file? FF has an error console that will report any errors in your CSS. Did you have a look there?

maxima
  • 2006/9/1 16:09

• maxima

• Not too shy to talk

Quote:
Wait till you have to do serious CSS based development

Are you saying that my CSS file is a joke? You might have missed the first message I post which stated that FF displayed fine until yesterday and no changes were made to the CSS to make it a 'bad' CSS. Anyway... it works fine now.

Bender
  • 2006/9/1 17:45

• Bender

• Home away from home

• Since: 2003/3/10

No i am quite sure he is not making fun of your css file. I assume he refers to much more extensive use of css.
Sorry, this signature is experiencing technical difficulties. We will return you to the sheduled signature as soon as possible ...

Login

Who's Online

488 user(s) are online (69 user(s) are browsing Support Forums)

Members: 0

Guests: 488

more...

Donat-O-Meter

Stats
Goal: $100.00
Due Date: Sep 30
Gross Amount: $0.00
Net Balance: $0.00
Left to go: $100.00
Make donations with PayPal!

Latest GitHub Commits