jlm69
Classified Ads Beta
  • 2006/8/30 22:20

• jlm69

• Module Developer

• Since: 2002/7/19

There were errors found in the Classified Ads module. The price was not showing in a few places.
This is fixed now. If your download is Ads_Beta.zip you already have the changes, If your download is Ads.zip you need to re-download the files.

Thanks,

John

The Download is available

At my Site

Peekay
Re: Classified Ads Beta
  • 2006/8/30 23:04

• Peekay

• XOOPS is my life!

• Since: 2004/11/20

Many thx for the update jlm69.

I am testing this on XOOPS 2.0.10. I need to try it on a later version for these reports to be useful 'cos I can see it works on your site. Having said that, using the updated beta on 2.0.10 I now have a permissions problem (anon users can't access) and the following:

1) If you don't add a category and select the 'permissions' tab, you get an error:
Quote:
Fatal error: Call to a member function on a non-object in c:\inetpub\wwwroot\xoops\modules\ads\admin\groupperms.php on line 107

2) I get this when I click the 'Edit' icon.
Quote:
Fatal error: Cannot redeclare xoopscodetarea() (previously declared in C:\Inetpub\wwwroot\xoops\include\xoopscodes.php:36) in C:\Inetpub\wwwroot\xoops\include\xoopscodes.php on line 36

I will try and get this installed on a later XOOPS version tomorrow.
A thread is for life. Not just for Christmas.

jlm69
  • 2006/8/31 0:34

• jlm69

• Module Developer

You must create at least one category before you can use the module, Step 5 of the installation instructions

5. Go to Ads Module administration and click on category maintenance, create your categories.

The permissions is by category, so if you have no category you will get that error.

Anyone else that has the 2nd error Peekay is talking about please report it.

Thanks,

John

jlm69
  • 2006/8/31 0:42

• jlm69

• Module Developer

I Have found a few errors in the modify.php page. I will have them fixed by tomorrow.

Thanks,

John

jlm69
  • 2006/8/31 1:57

• jlm69

• Module Developer

I have made more changes. The modify.php file seemed to not be complete. There were a couple of other files that needed some fixing. The new download also includes the Koivi editor. The most recent version has 2 folders one called class and one called modules in the Ads_Beta folder. If your version did't come with the class folder please download it again.

Thanks,

John

Peekay
  • 2006/8/31 11:36

• Peekay

• XOOPS is my life!

Hi jlm69

Problems - Admin Side:

If the module folder is renamed to, e.g. 'classifieds' prior to installation, selecting 'category maintainence' sends to white screen plus:

Quote:
Fatal error: Call to a member function on a non-object in c:\inetpub\wwwroot\xoops\modules\classifieds\admin\admin_header.php on line 12

Adding a new ad-type sends to white screen plus:
Quote:
Fatal error: Call to a member function on a non-object in c:\inetpub\wwwroot\xoops\modules\Ads\admin\index.php on line 491

The modify ad-type drop-down is empty.

Problems - User side:

The 'Delete' button works, but tooltip on icon reads:

Quote:
_CAL_SUPPRANN

The 'Modify your advertisement' button works, but the 'Change this advertisement (administrator)' button send to white screen plus:

Quote:
Fatal error: Cannot redeclare xoopscodetarea() (previously declared in C:\Inetpub\wwwroot\xoops\include\xoopscodes.php:36) in C:\Inetpub\wwwroot\xoops\include\xoopscodes.php on line 36

Email doesn't appear to work. Form appears but refreshes after submit. (no PHP debug messages)

'Print' button = white screen (no PHP debug messages).

'Mail to a friend' button = white screen (no PHP debug messages).

Can't add picture in this version. Get a filesize error.

Observations:

Quote:
The message automatically sends your name, email, and telephone numer, you don't need to enter them in the message text.

You do if you are an anonymous site visitor!

Other than that - looks good! I'm still on 2.0.10 though so it would be useful to get feedback from someone using the latest Xoops.

jlm69
  • 2006/8/31 23:17

• jlm69

• Module Developer

O.K. I think I got them all. Give it a try. I changed the name of the folder inside the modules folder to classifieds, that seems to be a better name.

Peekay, thanks alot for testing this out.

The newest version is available now at

My Site

Thanks,

John

Peekay
  • 2006/9/1 11:44

• Peekay

• XOOPS is my life!

Hi jlm69

Nearly there! Images are ok now and image preview works. Checked notifications and they work too. Only a few things that still fail for me:

Problems - User side:

Clicking the 'Change this advertisement (administrator)' button in the ad, in the main page list and the category list still sends to white page:
Quote:

The button to edit your own ad works fine.

Still get blank pages with 'Print' and 'Send Friend' buttons.

Email form still doesn't work - quite important that one.

Observations:

For some reason, if administrator adds an ad and doesn't select an ad 'type' a '0' appears in front of the item title in the ad. If a registered user submits an ad, they (correctly) get the validation error message that says "Please select an ad type". Not a big issue really.

It would be nice to have a 'back' link from the email form, but not essential.

'Price type' option is cool... and it works.

jlm69
  • 2006/9/1 18:10

• jlm69

• Module Developer

Peekay,

I will have to set up a site with version 2.0.10 over the weekend because all of what you say now works fine on my site which is using 2.0.15.
I noticed that I forgot to answer one thing in your previous post, where it says:

The message automatically sends your name, email, and telephone numer, you don't need to enter them in the message text.

And you said not if you are anonymous

It is just talking about the message text, you still need to put the info above the message text, it is a little confusing, that is how myAds did it, maybe I can change it a little.

Thanks again for the input.

John

jlm69
Re: Classified Ads Beta 2
  • 2006/9/2 16:27

• jlm69

• Module Developer

I did not need to set up another test site, I just reread the code and found a few problems, The new version is Ads_Beta_2.

This is the newest version, it has a couple of additions plus some bug fixes.

You cannot overwrite the other beta versions because there is a new table in the database. Uninstall any older version then install this version.

Additions

1. I added a new config item, the webmaster can choose if anonymous users can reply to an Ad (in module preferences). It is recomended that only registered users are allowed to reply to an Ad(because of spammers).

2. I created a new table in the database (ads_ip_log). The contact form now registers the user name, e-mail, and IP address from the sender. Right now you need to look in the database in the new table ads_ip_log. The next version which will be RC1 will have it in the modules Administration.

Can be found here.

Thanks,

John

Login

Who's Online

178 user(s) are online (111 user(s) are browsing Support Forums)

Members: 0

Guests: 178

more...

Donat-O-Meter

Stats
Goal: $100.00
Due Date: May 31
Gross Amount: $0.00
Net Balance: $0.00
Left to go: $100.00
Make donations with PayPal!

Latest GitHub Commits