lucky_phd
New users don't recive activation email-please help
  • 2006/8/27 16:08

• lucky_phd

• Just popping in

• Since: 2005/11/13

Greating to all,
I have this, and for me a vary big problem. I run XOOPS site on 2.2.3 for 8 months, but within last month I noticed that I have many inactive users. I got an email from one of them with information that he didn't get activation email. I tried to register new user, but I also didn't get activation mail.
So I wonder what is the problem. I have 23 inactive users, and I'm afraid that they will linch me
Maybe this is not a XOOPS probelm, than server's, but being a newbee I can't conclude. Please help me!
First Serbian flyfishing website
www.musicarenje.org

irmtfan
Re: New users don't recive activation email-please help
  • 2006/8/27 17:38

• irmtfan

• Module Developer

• Since: 2003/12/7

huum if you dont touch anything its an issue from server ( smtp)

try to send email outside XOOPS (eg:with outlook) and if your email dosent work contact hosting provider

skenow
  • 2006/8/27 20:14

• skenow

• Home away from home

• Since: 2004/11/17

Do you receive any notifications of new registrations? Have you ever received email from the site?

Try this - login, go to the Administration menu, System, Mail Users. Use the search fields to find yourself, and when you have, compose and send an email to yourself. If you don't receive it, your server or XOOPS is not configured to send mail.

jeorem
  • 2006/8/28 3:36

• jeorem

• Just popping in

• Since: 2003/5/25

I am also having the same problem and I tried the sol'n below and I recieved this msg

Language string failed to load: instantiate
Could not send mail to jeorems.
Language string failed to load: instantiate
Could not send mail to ericson.

Honestly I dont know what it means. Can somebody help to explain this? And by the way, how would I check or know whether XOOPS is configure to send an email (sounds stupid but I really dont know how to check, is it found in the admin menu, if it is, then where)

I am running XOOPS XOOPS 2.0.14 on Apache 2 MySQL5 PHP5 on Win 2003 server

Thanks a lot...

tripnetguy
  • 2006/9/1 17:18

• tripnetguy

• Just popping in

• Since: 2006/9/1 1

first of all thanks to the XOOPS team!!
my problem:auto responders work fine from my host mail but when it comes to "Mail Users" or them getting activation notification it says that they have been sent but they haven't...ive tried every possible config, phpmail,sendmail,stmp with auth, read in webhost docs,read in XOOPS forums...about 26 hours in 3 days.
my question, is it possible to go directly into mainfile.php or somewhere and fix this stuff? i know a little if someone could guide me along. next Q, if not...is there another module that can replace it? can i download any file and reinstall it and get this to work?trhanks in advance for your advice. i am using v.2 but not sure which one.i should add, at first it worked bur then stopped...not sure where i went wrong, basically only changed theme.html and some css.

Bender
Re: New users dont recive activation email-please help
  • 2006/9/1 17:34

• Bender

• Home away from home

• Since: 2003/3/10

May i assume you are both on shared hosting?

What does your provider say about the method to be used? (phpmail, smtp ...)

Just recently someone had a problem like this where the server did not allow to send mail from an anonymous user (xoops in that case).

First find out what is the recommended way to send mails from the servers you are on.
Sorry, this signature is experiencing technical difficulties. We will return you to the sheduled signature as soon as possible ...

Login

Who's Online

226 user(s) are online (134 user(s) are browsing Support Forums)

Members: 0

Guests: 226

more...

Donat-O-Meter

Stats
Goal: $100.00
Due Date: May 31
Gross Amount: $0.00
Net Balance: $0.00
Left to go: $100.00
Make donations with PayPal!

Latest GitHub Commits