jshbbe
Newbb Help
  • 2006/8/26 18:21

• jshbbe

• Just popping in

• Since: 2006/8/26

I am setting up a Newbb forum for my site and I am very confused about something. I want to allow visitors to my site to be able to view some of the forums without registering. I have searched all through the options and I am missing what I am supposed to do. Whenever I logout and click on my Newbb link it says I don't have permission to view that page, but I want certain forums viewable by the public. I have tried setting the view permissions for annonymous users but that doesn't seem to work. Help would be greatly appreciated.

msdana
Re: Newbb Help
  • 2006/8/26 18:25

• msdana

• Just can't stay away

• Since: 2005/12/11

Some modules have a separate set of permissions (CBB for example), you need to look within the module for permissions.

What version of XOOPS and Newbb are you using? This information is helpful to us so we can give you the correct information
[size=x-small]If God is watching us, the least we can do is be entertaining.[/size]
Graphic Worx : Xoops Themes

jshbbe
Re: Newbb Help
  • 2006/8/26 18:36

• jshbbe

• Just popping in

• Since: 2006/8/26

I'm using version 2.0. I've looked through all the separate module permissions and I must be missing what I am supposed to do.

Edit: Nevermind I figured it out. It was in the Blocks options. I kept looking in the Preferences and Forums options. Thanks for the help.

Login

Who's Online

333 user(s) are online (66 user(s) are browsing Support Forums)

Members: 0

Guests: 333

more...

Donat-O-Meter

Stats
Goal: $100.00
Due Date: Oct 31
Gross Amount: $0.00
Net Balance: $0.00
Left to go: $100.00
Make donations with PayPal!

Latest GitHub Commits