matbowls300
Renameing Links

On my website i installed a template called "blue shine" there are some links on top that shows "home,News,Downloads ect... Im wondering how do i edit those to fit my needs, I want to re name them. If you have no idea what im talking about go to my site www.xpsupport.net and look on top.

msdana
Re: Renameing Links
  • 2006/8/15 20:54

• msdana

• Just can't stay away

• Since: 2005/12/11

You need to edit those links in your theme.html.

Please see the FAQ section on themes and templates for more information
[size=x-small]If God is watching us, the least we can do is be entertaining.[/size]
Graphic Worx : Xoops Themes

matbowls300

Also, To save topics. Is it possible to rename the models?

JamesSAEP
  • 2006/8/15 22:08

• JamesSAEP

• Just can't stay away

• Since: 2005/2/28

You can rename the name of the module links in admin panel, but most of the modules folder names can not be renamed without breaking something unless you search the code and change the direcory references everywhere.

matbowls300

i tryed re nameing the links on the homepage wont work Im editing this code in theme.html

<table cellspacing="0" cellpadding="0" width="100%" border="0" id="menu">
<tr align="center">
<td id="headmenu"><a class="menuHead" href="<{$xoops_url}>/index.php">Home</a></td>
<td class="separator"></td>
<td id="headmenu" ><a class="menuHead" href="<{$xoops_url}>/modules/news/">News</a></td>
<td id="headmenu"><a class="menuHead" href="<{$xoops_url}>/modules/wfdownloads/">Downloads</a></td>
<td id="headmenu"><a class="menuHead" href="<{$xoops_url}>/modules/newbb/">Forum</a></td>
<td id="headmenu"><a class="menuHead" href="<{$xoops_url}>/modules/article/">Articles</a></td>
<td id="headmenu"><a class="menuHead" href="<{$xoops_url}>/modules/mylinks/">Links</a> </td>
<!-- if you want to add more links take the uncomment the needed lines below and customize the links -->
<!-- <td class="separator"></td>
<td id="headmenu"><a class="menuHead" href="<{$xoops_url}>/modules/mylinks/">Links</a> </td>
--> </tr>

matbowls300

this is really wired..can someone help me what im doing is im changeing for a example

<td id="headmenu"><a class="menuHead" href="<{$xoops_url}>/index.php">Home</a></td>

To

<td id="headmenu"><a class="menuHead" href="<{$xoops_url}>/index.php">Whatever here</a></td>

And somehow it's not applying it But when i download the theme.html to check that its applyed it is..its just not showing up on the site

JamesSAEP
  • 2006/8/15 22:17

• JamesSAEP

• Just can't stay away

• Since: 2005/2/28

delete your temporary internet files (cache) on your browser.

if that doesn't work, delete all the file in the templates_c folder.

This is normal.

msdana
  • 2006/8/15 22:18

• msdana

• Just can't stay away

• Since: 2005/12/11

Obviously, you didn't read the FAQ section for themes

Read this FAQ titled "Ive modified my theme, but why cant I see the changes?"

It will provide you with detailed information regarding themes
[size=x-small]If God is watching us, the least we can do is be entertaining.[/size]
Graphic Worx : Xoops Themes

matbowls300

I tryed both suggestions dident seem to work. Is the problem im editing the script in notepad?

matbowls300

i forgot 1 thing let me try it

Login

Who's Online

205 user(s) are online (130 user(s) are browsing Support Forums)

Members: 0

Guests: 205

more...

Donat-O-Meter

Stats
Goal: $100.00
Due Date: May 31
Gross Amount: $0.00
Net Balance: $0.00
Left to go: $100.00
Make donations with PayPal!

Latest GitHub Commits