usafwolf13
Resizing site?
  • 2006/8/14 2:42

• usafwolf13

• Just popping in

• Since: 2006/8/14

Hey guys, i'm working with XOOPS and the fiblue3d theme, which i've modified through the style sheet. The problem is that I want my webpage to be slimmer and not be 100% of the browser width. Ideally, i'd like it all to be about as wide as the 900 pixel banner at the top of it. However, width tags don't seem to work for the tables.

So my question is, how can I resize the total width of my site? Normally I know that with tables in tables, if you set a static size for the outermost tables, the inner tables will conform to that, but this site seems to just ignore me when I try to do that.

Feel free to take a look at http://www.clanom.com to see what i'm up to. Any help is much appreciated.

[size=x-small]mod note: Moved to more appropriate forum[/size]

usafwolf13
Re: Resizing site?
  • 2006/8/15 19:19

• usafwolf13

• Just popping in

• Since: 2006/8/14

The answer to my problem was simple. There a "table" class in the sylesheet for this theme, with a width function that will resize the size a whole. It's hard to use it without making everything else all funky though. I don't know how I overlook that all before.

Now if only I could figure out how to make my Newbb 2 forums viewforum area have alternating colors for each row....

mferreira
Re: Resizing site?
  • 2006/8/22 0:13

• mferreira

• Just popping in

• Since: 2006/1/19

I dont know if this is the better but you could remove the "widthed" class from the css and the class:"xxxx" atribute from the table tag in your theme.

Use the css to alternate, not sure it that theme uses the defalt templatrs but take a look at hte default theme, its style.css and in case your theme's templates are different ones, the default templates.
Sorry for my bad english... :)
I love to learn, feel free to tell me when I misspell something.
Using Xoops 2.0.16, FC4, PHP 5.0.4-10.5, Apache 2.0.54-10.4, mysql-4.1.20-1.FC4.1.

Login

Who's Online

350 user(s) are online (91 user(s) are browsing Support Forums)

Members: 0

Guests: 350

more...

Donat-O-Meter

Stats
Goal: $100.00
Due Date: Jul 31
Gross Amount: $0.00
Net Balance: $0.00
Left to go: $100.00
Make donations with PayPal!

Latest GitHub Commits