webjackie
About Using 2 or 3 different forums in a Single Website - Guidance please
  • 2006/7/31 17:36

• webjackie

• Just popping in

• Since: 2006/6/2 1

Hello Everyone,

Well, some times there might be a need to integerate 2 or 3 forums in a single XOOPS website. Well, can anyone suggest which is the best combination.

I've tried newbb and ipb in my site www.freepsychicvisions.com ,

Both the forums are working fine. And my need for two forums was unavoidable and i've used newbb (for Free Future Prediction, Astrology Discussion) & IPB (for metaphysical and spiritual learning).

Now, before promoting the site, i've changed the idea of dropping out IPB (unfortunately, i've created more than 150 categories, sub categories, and forums). I'm not able to find an ideal substitute like IPB to use as my second forum.

Is there any other forum module that supports sub categories of forums as like IPB?

I would like to clarify, if all forum module except IPB is XOOPS Independant. (The rest forums are completely XOOPS module, is it?) I've heard If we are using IPB then the problem is that..., it is version dependant and upgrading XOOPS might give trouble to the IPB forum & vice versa, upgrading IPB necessarily need upgradation of XOOPS (suggested by IPB ugradation).

And, after refering most of the forum module threads , i feel there is no converter for IPB to other module. Is it?

On alternate, if i need to clone two newbb instead, will it show the Recent 10 topics seperately in my home page, or will it stick only to the first newbb.

I appreciate your feedbacks and guidance regarding this..

Thankyou.

Login

Who's Online

219 user(s) are online (137 user(s) are browsing Support Forums)

Members: 0

Guests: 219

more...

Donat-O-Meter

Stats
Goal: $100.00
Due Date: May 31
Gross Amount: $0.00
Net Balance: $0.00
Left to go: $100.00
Make donations with PayPal!

Latest GitHub Commits