JimLunsford
private messages

I noticed no modules were inculuded in the last release.... why? What should I do for private messaging? I used the xoopsmembers module from the last 2.0.13 is that what I should have done? Should I use any other modules?

Lance_
Re: private messages
  • 2006/7/24 23:48

• Lance_

• Home away from home

• Since: 2004/1/12

You may use any module in the 2.0.13 version.

The idea behind not including any of the core modules is that almost all of them have been bettered by other modules made by third party module developpers. Now the core cannot simply add these modules as core modules since they are not supported by the core team. Hence the need to find the modules you will find better suited to your needs.

Note that the community usually responds well to questions on which module to use for a certain application, helping in the decision process. I, for one, have never used any of the included modules, there are better options available.

Cheers.

///Again, I am always amazed how when one person asks a question, the same question comes back in slight variations at least 3 times a day for a week everytime. ///
GDL-Web.com :: Website development.
Xoopslance.com::Freelancing and Projects
thelionsden-arena.net:: Clan/League/Ladder Hosting

JimLunsford

Thanks for the response Lance_. I did do a search for private message before posting however it didn't return anything valid.

msdana
  • 2006/7/25 0:28

• msdana

• Just can't stay away

• Since: 2005/12/11

Quote:
What should I do for private messaging?

You can use Private Messaging in 2.0.14 without any added modules, it's included in the core application.

HTH
[size=x-small]If God is watching us, the least we can do is be entertaining.[/size]
Graphic Worx : Xoops Themes

Lance_
  • 2006/7/25 0:36

• Lance_

• Home away from home

• Since: 2004/1/12

Sorry, just answered the first Why? in the post about no modules.

msdana to the rescue.
GDL-Web.com :: Website development.
Xoopslance.com::Freelancing and Projects
thelionsden-arena.net:: Clan/League/Ladder Hosting

Login

Who's Online

185 user(s) are online (119 user(s) are browsing Support Forums)

Members: 0

Guests: 185

more...

Donat-O-Meter

Stats
Goal: $100.00
Due Date: Mar 31
Gross Amount: $0.00
Net Balance: $0.00
Left to go: $100.00
Make donations with PayPal!

Latest GitHub Commits