kellymank
Selected module does not exist!
  • 2006/7/23 3:00

• kellymank

• Just popping in

• Since: 2006/7/23

I just had XOOPS installed (automatically) through my godaddy-hosted site. I have been able to install a few modules without issue. However, when I click the Register Now link to create a new user, I receive: "Selected module does not exist!".

I checked the module installation page - nothing seems out of order.

Can anyone help me through this? Thank you!

kmank

Daigoro
Re: Selected module does not exist!
  • 2006/7/23 10:15

• Daigoro

• Quite a regular

• Since: 2003/7/3 2

I've never seen the excact error before, but from the sound of it, I'd guess some files are missing from your XOOPS instalation.
You may want to go thru the instalation, to see if any files are missing. If they are, just copy them back from the instalation archive to the site.

But since you have acesss to the administaration page, please try to update the system module before anything else.

Hmmm... or could it be you have just set the registration page to not be available for annonymius users - and have a badly translated error string?

Good luck.
Best regards,
Daigoro

Bender
  • 2006/7/23 18:11

• Bender

• Home away from home

• Since: 2003/3/10

- go into administration
- choose modules then Administration
- click on the install button (floppy symbol) behind Usermanagement and therefore install that module

Now your users are able to register.

HOWEVER:

Since you are just starting up i would suggest you scrap that installation and take a step back.

Install XOOPS 2.0.14 instead if you don´t have a particular reason for using XOOPS 2.2.x provided by your hoster.

I also suggest to install XOOPS manually instead of using the installation that comes with your cp. First reason: You should know what you are doing and its not difficult.

Second: There were issues with preinstalled versions from some hosting services in the past.

Only info required to install by yourself is the data (host, user, password) for your MySQL server. If you don´t have that information you can find it in the file mainfile.php from your current XOOPS installation.

For information about XOOPS 2.0.14 vs. XOOPS 2.2.x check the forums its a regular topic. To make it short XOOPS 2.0.x is the current line of development and XOOPS 2.2.x users will be rejoined with the 2.0.x line later.
Sorry, this signature is experiencing technical difficulties. We will return you to the sheduled signature as soon as possible ...

kellymank
  • 2006/7/23 22:34

• kellymank

• Just popping in

Thanks - that was exactly the issue. Anonymous USers did not have access.

Thanks again for the help!

kmank

kellymank
  • 2006/7/23 22:37

• kellymank

• Just popping in

Bender - thanks for the help. I am hoping to get more time to look at the mechanics of Xoops.

Right now, I need to get the XOOPS site to emulate the look and feel of what my currnet site is. From there, I'll dive in!
Thanks again!

kmank

Login

Who's Online

228 user(s) are online (115 user(s) are browsing Support Forums)

Members: 0

Guests: 228

more...

Donat-O-Meter

Stats
Goal: $100.00
Due Date: May 31
Gross Amount: $0.00
Net Balance: $0.00
Left to go: $100.00
Make donations with PayPal!

Latest GitHub Commits