martyboy
My first xoops theme - for 2.0.14
  • 2006/7/15 12:39

• martyboy

• Quite a regular

• Since: 2004/5/25

Hey,

I have spent a few days modyifying the default 2.0.14 theme so I can have a cool new theme when i upgrade my main site to 2.0.14.

You can see my theme HERE on my test site, please let me know what you think.

I wanted to go for a clean proffesional look, its nothing fancy basically just altered the CSS, I am a complete novice at this but I have been learning and I am pretty impressed I actually managed to modify the default theme.

It is a simple theme no fancy images, its not finished yet, I am not 100% happy with the color scheme and there probably some tidying up to do just to make it look a bit better. hopefully i will get it finsihed this weekend and I can upload it for people to use(if anyone wants to use my crap theme that is )

anyway, take a look.

Cheers
Michael Jackson = King Of Pop

Xoops = King Of CMS

javelin
Re: My first xoops theme - for 2.0.14
  • 2006/7/15 20:28

• javelin

• Not too shy to talk

• Since: 2004/3/11

It largely depends on what you want to achieve.

At the moment you have the default theme with a couple of css changes but you have not touched the layout or Theme.html

For examplehttp://www.suffolkscb.org/http://www.milanesfoils.co.uk/ andhttp://www.mcnamara-sails.co.uk/ are all based on the same default theme with just a few things cut and pasted around the theme.html and a little messing with the css.

The trick (if you have as lttle knowledge as me) is to try one thing and then go and see the effect and then by trial and a lot of error you end up with something you want.

I've just been working on a modified Theme by Xoopstuner at www.javelinuk.com just a few tweaks here and there go to make quite a bit of difference.

Have fun
I might not be very clever but I can lift heavy weights!

martyboy
Re: My first xoops theme - for 2.0.14
  • 2006/7/15 20:51

• martyboy

• Quite a regular

• Since: 2004/5/25

I've changed the colors a bit so i think it looks a bit better now, ive been doing what you said, basically i have my test site open and refresh the page when i change the css basically trying different things to see what works.

I was going to have a bash at changing the theme.html but it went a bit wrong so i dont think i will bother the theme file is fine anyway it has all the block placements and the essentials so its just getting the theme to look good that i am concerned with.

Just trying to figure out what all the css elements are for and to get the colors corrects so there no clashing. I will get there eventually.

Check out the new look
Michael Jackson = King Of Pop

Xoops = King Of CMS

Login

Who's Online

154 user(s) are online (102 user(s) are browsing Support Forums)

Members: 0

Guests: 154

more...

Donat-O-Meter

Stats
Goal: $100.00
Due Date: May 31
Gross Amount: $0.00
Net Balance: $0.00
Left to go: $100.00
Make donations with PayPal!

Latest GitHub Commits