missniceness
Recette ( Recipe ) module No Indgrediants list

This module is too cute. I the 2.2 version of Recette installed in XOOPS 2.4.7.3 (I also have News 1.44 which will stay!). I was about to publish a recipe, ok. But could not add anything to the ingrediants list. In fact, that tab in the module brought up a screen with two blank drop down boxes (and no way to add information into them) and a 'confirm' checkbox. Hit 'submit' and you get an error (of course).

On the printed page, you have a top section the the recipe which places the serving and cooktime information. Below that is "Ingrediants" - which is blank. I guess if I don't fix the indgrediants list, I could just take it away from the .html doc. But it looks very nice like that.

Also, in in admin section for this module, on of the tabs says "_MI_RECETTE-LNK". Anyone know what that is suppossed to be (it's to the right of 'Manage Pictograms')?

Thanks in advance!

Peekay
Re: Recette ( Recipe ) module No Indgrediants list
  • 2006/7/9 20:26

• Peekay

• XOOPS is my life!

• Since: 2004/11/20

I tried this briefly on XOOPS 2.0.13.2. From what I recall (sorry but it's not installed at present) you first have to set permissions for registered users to create recipes. Ingredients are then added automatically as users create recipes. The ingredients fields are not in admin, but are in the 'add recipe' form that you access from the main user menu.

This is very nice, because users can then select an ingredient from the list to see what else they can make with all those cheap sausages they just bought.

The _LNK button is a minor coding error, but it does work. What it does is allocate a default category image to a recipe. You create a category, e.g. 'breakfasts' then upload a pictogram (picture) and relate it to the category (e.g. 'breakfasts'). If you then press the _LNK button, you can select a recipe to adopt the same image... I think.

I thought it was very good, but I had a couple of issues. I found that if you run out of ingredient fields and press the 'Add' button (don't do it) you lose the recipe text-area field. Also, submitters cannot edit their own recipes. So if you post something with a tbsp of salt instead of a tsp you're scd.
A thread is for life. Not just for Christmas.

spankee
  • 2006/8/12 3:27

• spankee

• Just popping in

• Since: 2005/11/13

I am having the same problem.
But unfortunately this module has been dropped by it's developer.

I am hoping someone will find the time and need for this module and fix all the problems in it.
I would honor you forever!

Peekay
  • 2006/8/12 10:31

• Peekay

• XOOPS is my life!

• Since: 2004/11/20

I agree, if someone could fix the bugs (and give people an opportunity to correct any errors in their posted recipes) I am confident this would become a very popular module.
A thread is for life. Not just for Christmas.

Login

Who's Online

148 user(s) are online (101 user(s) are browsing Support Forums)

Members: 0

Guests: 148

more...

Donat-O-Meter

Stats
Goal: $100.00
Due Date: Apr 30
Gross Amount: $0.00
Net Balance: $0.00
Left to go: $100.00
Make donations with PayPal!

Latest GitHub Commits